Default Edit/delete a post

I would like to edit a post I put up but don't see how it's done. Could someone tell me how this is done?

Default Re: Edit/delete a post

John,
    There are three buttons at the bottom of the message you post. From left to right they will be "Post Reply", then on the far right "Edit" and "Quote". Click on the Edit button and make the change you want then click "Save".
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Barry, I see the buttons on the post here where I asked how to edit but not on any of my other posts. The edit button is not there on those.

Make sure you're logged in properly when you're trying to edit. When I look at your posts the buttons are all there. If you're in "reply" mode or doing something other than just reading the thread you may not be able to edit any other posts.

Barry D. is forgetting that he is a moderator and his "view" is different because of this.

Here's the issue. I have a time limit on editing posts. Once a message is posted, the author has 24 hours to edit it. After that, only mods can edit. This was done because of a few members in the past have done either one of two things. 1) Became upset with a moderator and went back and deleted all the content from their posts, or 2) posted a message saying one thing and then when other members called them out on something, went back and changed it to say something else, which really messes with the flow of a thread.

So I have restricted this function to preserve the flow and value of a thread. I'm not sure if there is a better way to handle this, but I'm open to suggestions.
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Barry D. is forgetting that he is a moderator and his "view" is different because of this.

Oh yeah, that.

Ok, I understand what you are saying. I just wanted to modify/update some info on my post in "for sale" section of forum. I didn't want to post a new topic or thread and clutter things up or confuse things. Would it be possible to have a moderator delete the post? I could then just post again with update? If I update info with a reply to my original post I think it would just cause confusion. My only suggestion might be to allow members to edit a post after seeking a moderators approval to allow access to do so? But I realize that could be a burden on a moderator's efficiency/time...and might not be the best idea.