Default Costs for Water Well

I would like to have a water well dug on my property. I am on city water, but I'd like a well so that there is a water source for my pasture and for watering purposes.

My neighbor has a well, and it is about 30 feet deep and provide clean water. I live near a major creek, and I don't think that there would be much doubt about hitting water. The soil is not very rocky. Basically its clay topsoil then soft shale.

Does anybody have a ballpark of what it would cost to drill a well and install pipe and a pump?

Default Re: Costs for Water Well

I suspect it is cheaper in OK then here in Colorado but for a 100 ft well here we figure on between 2500 and 3k for a capped well. 30 ft is pretty shallow for drinking water but again in your area this may be the norm. Figure on 350 for a good submersible pump and the amount of tubing you will need depends on the distance to your house, barn or where ever you plan to run it. Like I said, it could be half that price in your area. Most companies will give you a quote on the phone.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Cost will vary depending if you are looking for potable water vs. irrigation only.

Pounding a sand point is cheap.

Had one drilled a few years ago in eastern OK cost about $3000.00 complete,110 feet deep. Check with local extention agent, may be program to help pay since you plan to use for livestock.

I may have mentioned this before on the forums, but we have some friends that sell the kit to dig your own well-
    http://www.howtodrillawell.com/

mike
    Please check out the new kingfisherapiaries.com!
    Like us on Facebook

My neighbor had a well drilled by a guy named- no kidding- "Dry Hole Wilson".