Thread: Nuc cellbuilder

Default Nuc cellbuilder

Can you use a 5 frame box for cell builders as long as its packed with bees and is fed well? How many cells can be produced of this?
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Default Re: Nuc cellbuilder

I did this with 20 cells and it seemed to work well. I am not sure you could do 3 or 4 rounds like this but for a round or 2 it should work well.

i have done it. The second time wont be as good. Not sure its worth it and I am not doing it again.

Hey peep, towards the end of the summer we broke down our full sized cell builders and made cells in 5 frame nucs...answer... yes it can be done. We tried them with 20 cups but I think I prefer leaving the number at 10-15, seemed we got a better take with the fewer number of cells to draw. Shake a lot of bees in the nucs on top of a few frames of capped brood, a frame of honey and one of pollen you want the honey and pollen frames on each side of the frame holding your cups to be drawn. Good luck
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson