Thread: Peanut Butter

Hybrid View

Smile Peanut Butter

Some of us have been around long enough to remember the peanut butter that seperated-the oil came to the top of the jar and you had to stir it to mix before using.

Anyhow I got hungry for some good peanut butter so had my lover girl buy me a bag of salted peanuts to make a fresh batch.

The next batch that I make will be a bit different-learning curve-I should have chopped or ground up the whole and half peanuts into smaller particles before putting into container for final grinding, it would have sped up the process.

I need to lose a bit of weight so figured it is best to not use oil to thin the peanuts, honey was the plan instead of oil.

We have a Vita Mix but am pretty sure that a lot of food processing chopper would do the same function.

As the peanuts were being ground (chopped) up I kept squeezing in honey from the top to make it thinner in consistancy-it worked!

Did not measure anything-bag of peanuts and probably close to a quarter cup of my best honey.

IT IS DELICIOUS!

I do not know how long it will be safe to keep unrefrigerated but who wants cold stiff peanut butter to try to spread on something?

I saw a slightly overripe bannana in the fruit bowl-perfect-smash up the bannana and put a heaping tablespoon of the fresh peanut butter in bowl with the mashed bannana--not too shabby!
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

Default Re: Peanut Butter

This morning the day after making the honey peanut butter-I was going to use some on a piece of toast, the peanut butter had turned into peanut butter honey fudge, it was hard.

Chopped the mass up into pieces and put into the mixer, started mixer and kept adding more honey until it was creamy. I must have added nearly a cup of honey to get the smoothness I desired.

Think I got it now, is is mighty good!
    "Younz" have a great day, I will.

There is commercial peanut butter on the market that is nothing but peanuts and salt. All natural.The oil rises to the top and may be poured off or stirred in, depending upon your desire.
    Check a good supermarket or demand natural food from yours.
    His Hive Honey Farm - Do all for His glory!

Thumbs down Re: Peanut Butter

I can buy the Natural Peanut butter with the oil on top at the Save On stores in Alberta. But I did find out one thing NOT to do!! Do not try and mix it in the jar with a hand electric mixer using only one beater. It takes on a life of it's own and stopping it is not so easy as it it's spinning like mad and peanut better is flying everywhere Do not try this at home !!! LOL
    Last edited by BeeaBee; 11-05-2010 at 11:24 AM.

I too buy the "all natural peanut butter" that separates out. I do want to play around with making different blends of nuts as I have tried almond butter, but it wasn't quite my thing. I did burn out the motor in my parent's mini prep making peanut butter :-P it didn't have the juice for such a dense product.

Smuckers and Adams (owned by Smuckers) are both natural peanut butters. Walmart carries one or the other depending on where you live. If you're interested in buying Organic, Smuckers Organic is about 1/2 the size for a dollar or two more!
    BTW, I use a flat dinner knife to mix the oil and peanut butter in the jar It only takes a few minutes!