Smile Hello From Phoenix, AZ

I wanted to introduce myself since I am new to the forum. My name is Jay and I am out here in the desert of Phoenix, Arizona. By day I am an I.T. Engineer helping support my company's Linux infrastructure and enjoy it even as stressful as it is. Some of my other hobbies include saltwater aquariums, homebrewing beer, electronic fabrication, computers, and VW Baja Bugs. I would have to say I am a Jack of all trades, master of none in my hobbies, but I enjoy doing and keep learning with all of them. I think with any hobby it is all about the personal interest and satisfaction that one gets from taking part in it, and not what others think about ones taste, desire, or goods. I myself am a very humble person and enjoy what I have and do not envy what I don't.

Next spring I will more likely be moving back home to Western Pennsylvania and will be planning to start two hives there. I am new to the idea of bee keeping, so I have been reading up on it. With this and other forums combined with reading books and all of the other information out on the web, I feel that I am grasping the basics. I plan to join a beekeeping club and know that experience is a big part in developing good beekeeping practices. I have to say that this is a really great forum and the group of people that make it what it is. There is a lot of useful information and humor here that makes it enjoyable to browse anytime, and I am now grateful to be a part of it.

Anyways that is a few words about me

Default Re: Hello From Phoenix, AZ

Welcome Jay, at least a few of us are just like you even our profession..

Welcome Jay, good luck to you when you start beekeeping!

If I may;

Join a bee club now;
    Buy yourself a veil, an nitrite gloves.
    When a member says they are going to work their hive/hives, Say " can I come along and watch/help "

Most times they will say " sure "

Now you will really get some learning/experience !

Good Luck

PCM

Oh, been to Wadell, Az. quite a few times.

Welcome Jay!

I lived in Vail, AZ (south of Tuscon) for a short time. When I came back east in the spring everything looked So GREEN after being there!

I am sure you will love beekeeping, it is very addictive and fascinating.

Maybe you will add making Mead to your hobby list too.