Default Hello From Wisconsin

I'm a newbie here in NE Wisconsin with 1 hive of Carniolan buzzies. I have this summer's sweet honey bottled and stashed away, and hope I have my girls ready for the coming winter. I bought the bees, hive boxes, supers and foundations from a local person who no longer wanted them. I've enjoyed working with them and I'm already shopping for a couple of bee packages for Spring. Reading through the threads and doing some searches answered some of my newbie questions. I don't know much, I haven't even been a beekeeper for a whole year yet, so I'm not able to contribute much to the knowledge base I've found here. I just know I like my bees a whole lot more than I thought I would!

Default Re: Hello From Wisconsin

Welcome, its an addicting hobby.

Welcome, wait till you get to know them better. Then you will really enjoy the girls.

Hello and Welcome!

This is a great forum to learn more about bees and beekeeping. You've already discovered the 'search' function, which I find to be a great resource: so many times I can find answers to my questions in previous threads.

Besides hanging out here, I also recommend getting involved with a local beekeeping club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected to nearby beekeepers. What can be more fun than hanging out with other beekeepers talking about bees? Hopefully, one of these is near you:
    http://www.wihoney.com/LocalBeeClubs.html

Quote Originally Posted by indypartridge View Post
    Hello and Welcome!

This is a great forum to learn more about bees and beekeeping. You've already discovered the 'search' function, which I find to be a great resource: so many times I can find answers to my questions in previous threads.

Besides hanging out here, I also recommend getting involved with a local beekeeping club. Clubs are great places to find mentors and get connected to nearby beekeepers. What can be more fun than hanging out with other beekeepers talking about bees? Hopefully, one of these is near you:
    http://www.wihoney.com/LocalBeeClubs.html
    Thanks for the club info! The search function here is great. Tons of info from people who are doing it. What could be better than hanging out talking about bees?........ Eating fresh honey on homemade bread!