Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

honey/bee related

7K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Grant 
#1 ·
does anyone have any good suppliers of honey/bee related items that would go along with honey at a farmers market? My wife isn't on this board but she is the one who will be doing the bulk of selling and she figures a few other related items might be a good idea.

Thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
Beeswax candles always seem to go right along with honey sales. Don't forget honey straws and honey filled candy - those are big sellers with kids.

You might want to look at Beehive Botanicals too.
http://www.beehivebotanicals.net/

Are you allowed to sell commercially produced items at your farmers markets? Here, you can only sell stuff produced within 20-25 miles of the market. (and they prefer you to be the original producer)

#4 ·
If you are looking for non-food items, you might want to look at print on demand products (small quantities of apparel, cards, stickers, keychains, etc.).

I have a few bee/honey related items in my store (see signature link)
You might also find items with other shopkeepers here

Also, I am starting a blog related to promotional items that you are welcome to join. Bee Keeper Merchandise

#5 ·
Along with my honey and comb honey, I also sell several lines of "varietal" honey--honey I segregate because it has unique qualities from farms with speciality crops. I market it seperately. I offer free tasting samples (see that thread on tasting spoons). The display brings in a lot of potential customers who ask, "Why is this honey so much darker than this other honey?"

I also make a honey and beewax soap. The display of soap causes a lot of people to stop and ask, "What's this, cheese?" Never mind the big sign that says, "Homemade Lye Soap."

I am continually asked for sorghum and maple syrup. I wish I had time to pursue this.

Our state association published a cook book, of which I only sell a few. But the display catches the eye of the potential customer and causes them to stop and inquire.

I also went to ebay and searched for "honey nut cheerios." I found a bobble-head honey bee that decorates my table.

Grant
Jackson, MO http://maxhoney.homestead.com

#7 ·
Ever see honey bees attack a ripe patch of sweet sorghum?? Quite a sight! I have often wondered how much pollen they are getting.
It is very hard work producing sweet sorghum syrup and it is very different than honey, but somehow it seems to complement honey sales in my mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.