Thread: New guy from KY

Default New guy from KY

Hi everyone. I'm glad I found this website. I am relatively new to bee keeping and come up with questions all the time. I live in north central KY and currently my father in-law and myself have 15 hives. Im also in the starting years of growing berries commercially. That's about it in a nutshell.

Default Re: New guy from KY

Welcome CynCityBee. I am also pretty new to the forum, which is a great resource! An almost overwhelming amount of education!
    I am just up the road from you outside of Crittenden, and have bought/am building homes for the bees I plan buy in the spring.
    Here is an invite for you and you f-i-l to join us at the Kentucky Backyard Beekeepers club, which meets in Williamstown, and the extension office the second monday of every month, 7PM. A good mix of experienced patient beeks and us new-bees.
    I'm not as good as I once was...

Welcome, there are plenty of answers on the forum and sometimes they are right!

always good to have more Kentuckians.I'm in Valley Station just south of Louisville.I've only been at it for a couple of years but I jumped in feet first.Stay in touch and maybe we will see you at one of the bee schools around the state.

Mtnmanky:
    Thanks for the invite. I will deffiantly try and make it to the meetings.

Hemichuck:
    I attended the confrence at KY state this past year and deffiantly plan on attending again in 2011. I also jumped in feet first. Last year my F-I-L had 4 hives and all was lost through the winter. This year we started out with nothing and currently have 15 and only 4 were packages (actually its 3 now as 1 of the packages is currently in the process of getting merged with another colony that was aquired late in the year and needed some help). Looking forward to putting some faces with some of the names.

Until next time....Keep your head up and your bee jacket pulled down!

Welcome CynCityBee, Im here in Central ky!....Good Luck with the bees!!