Thread: Texas Rangers

Default Texas Rangers

NYA! Mark and you other Yanks. Just sayin....
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Default Re: Texas Rangers

Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

Pretty sad when you have to add a comment to your own thread because nobody else does,..huh?

Well, I'm rooting for the Rangers; anybody,.any team but the [thumbs down] Yankees!

Being a REDSOX fan, I dont like either team!
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Go JAYS Go!!!!!!!

i used to like the Jays back in the Fred McGriff days.
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Quote Originally Posted by MAXANT View Post
    Being a REDSOX fan, I dont like either team!
    I'll second that. And I'm a NY'er.

Someone grab Hambone's feet and pull him back down to earth....
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

GOOOO Pirates.... ummm oh wait, we aren't in the 1970's anymore are we

The GIANTS win the pennant!! The GIANTS win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant.

It's interesting, that in the year [2010] of the death of Bobby Thomson, of "the shot heard round the world" [1951] fame, the Giants are going to the World Series. The Yankees won the 1951 series against the NY Giants. It's appropriate that the Yankees, with the highest payroll by a wide margin; are not. The Phillies, who lost, are also in the top four in payroll, while the Rangers are fourth from the bottom. The Giants are about in the middle as far as payroll.

Something very symbolic may be going on here. Since sports mimics life, so they say, and there appears to be many problems in our country related to too much money in the pockets of the few. Giants vs. Rangers, 2010 World Series.
    Last edited by Oldbee; 10-24-2010 at 05:39 AM.

It's exciting! The Rangers tried to spend a lot of cash a few years ago to win and it didn't work. The just have a great group of players, good manager, and new owners. Though their payroll will be going up a lot if they sign Cliff Lee. Reports are he will be going for 7 years for 170 million.

The Giants if I remember correctly were picked to end up last in their division at the start of the season.

Should be a great series. Rangers win in 6.

Glad to see the Ranger win....I can't stand the Yankees!!!!

Wow! Well that was short and,...sweet,....depending on your point of view.
    What happened to "your Rangers",..Hambone? A bit overwhelmed, a little nervous , tentative at the plate,. in their first World Series??

Good pitching beats good hitting almost every time, but I didn't see Nolan Ryan smiling very much .

I haven't "analyzed it" that much, but maybe the pendulum has swung to the "other league" and now the Nationals will be the more dominant league in the All Star and WS. Pretty low TV ratings though; not good news for the small market teams,..maybe.

Did you see the fan sign saying Cliff Lee struck out Chuck Norris,..on TWO pitches?

Bobby Thomson must be smiling,..up there,...

They scouted the Rangers very well. The Giants pitching was spot on almost every single pitch. The Rangers pitching was very good too most of the time. Couldn’t put together any consecutive hits though. Ron Washington made a couple bad decisions but all in all it was a great season. And will back next year. Hopefully the Rangers can sign Cliff Lee.

I did see the Chuck Norris sign. That was great!!

It seems that every American [Fall Classic] baseball World Series has its moments that are memorable,.. and go down in history as,. "historic" in one way or another. Some may be more "forgetable" than others, but each one has something to add to our National Pastime.

Hey Hambone! and other Texas baseball fans,..sorry about the Rangers losing again in consecutive World Series.

I really wanted the Rangers to win the series and beat the Cardinals that beat my Brewers.

But what a culmination of a season and a Series that saw "historic" collapses [Boston,.Atlanta] and "historic" comebacks [St. Louis] in so many different ways. Two times it came down to the last game,.the last pitch with two outs and two strikes. How much more "drama" can you ask for in,..our National pastime Books will be written about the 2011 baseball season and World Series in years to come.

What are you NBA [boring,..] fans gonna do now,...suck your thumbs,....
    Last edited by Oldbee; 10-29-2011 at 08:10 PM.

hahaha (we need the "funny post" smiley that byc has.)
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.