Default Honey bee healthy recipe

I recently found a honey bee healthy recipe on the forum. 15 drops each of spearmint and lemongrass, with 2.5 pounds sugar and 5 cups water. Does anyone know if that gets dilluted or is that just a feed it as is recipe.

Default Re: Honey bee healthy recipe

I'm pretty sure that is feed as is. I also have the recipe on a file for 5 gallons, if you PM me your e-mail address I'll be glad to e-mail it to you. It use's additional ingredients with thyme oil and Soy Lecithin Granules . I have used it all year and now mixing it with 2-1 sugar for the fall feeding, the bees love it.
    Mike , Proverbs 24:13-14 Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.

What is the pH of the resulting syrup?

Sincerely,
    Paul E. Turley

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is feed as is. I also have the recipe on a file for 5 gallons, if you PM me your e-mail address I'll be glad to e-mail it to you. It use's additional ingredients with thyme oil and Soy Lecithin Granules . I have used it all year and now mixing it with 2-1 sugar for the fall feeding, the bees love it.
    We will not be upset if you share with all.

That is fed at a rate of 1 tsp. per qt. of sugar syrup, maybe two tsp per qt. but definitely not straight unless you want to kill your bees. You can also use it at a rate of 4 tsp. per qt. in a qt. sugar syrup solution in a spray bottle as a bee calming agent.