Since I am considering starting a new hobby of beekeeping, I wanted to get some of the experienced beeks' feedback on why people leave beekeeping. I am doing this in hope of setting my course to avoid these pitfalls.
Off the top of my head, some ideas for leaving.
1. The equipment gets too heavy to handle.
2. Cost benefit does not pan out.
3. Honey crop is unpredictable or less than expected
5. Tired of spouse and neighbor complaints
Ideas for starting:
3. 2hr a week time comittment (great for people with kids and little time)
4. Relatively low upkeep costs and most everything can be built (except for frames)
5. Interesting hobby with interesting challenges, but can become successful after one or two years.
More ideas are welcome.