Default "8-Frame" hive top feeder from Rossman

Be aware that the 8-frame feeder currently sold by Rossman is a 5-frame feeder mounted in a frame that fits on 8-frame boxes.

It doesn't resemble the photo on their website.

http://www.gabees.com/store/product_...a40bc6c72f879f

I discussed my displeasure over ordering eight frame feeders and getting feeders with the capacity of 5-frame feeders. Mr. Rossman understood and offered to take them back.

They would be OK for someone with a hive or two in a backyard, but some of my hives are 20 miles away and I need the full capacity of a true 8-frame feeder.

BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Default Re: "8-Frame" hive top feeder from Rossman

I have some of those type feeders which I like very much. I make most of my hives. I use that feeder on my 5 fr 6 fr and 8 fr hives, so I have one feeder serving three types of hives. But all my hives are within ten miles of my home

Re: "8-Frame" hive top feeder from Rossman

Quote Originally Posted by BeeCurious View Post
    I discussed my displeasure over ordering eight frame feeders and getting feeders with the capacity of 5-frame feeders. Mr. Rossman understood and offered to take them back.
    Two friends, with bees in their backyards, bought the feeders from me.

I gave a follow-up call to Fred Rossman to let him know that he wouldn't need to pay to have the feeders returned to Georgia, and he is giving me a credit for the shipping cost that he didn't pay.

I should have taken a picture of the feeder but I didn't...
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

I have an 8-frame wooden hive top feeder from Simpsons Bee Supply that I have been happy with. It doesn't leak. The floats keep bee drowning to a minimum. I have a similar model for a 5-frame nuc too.

It may be a little late for this year.

Tom

I have some 8 frame wood top feeders that I bought from Miller Bee Supply in NC. They are screened on the end, hold about 2 gallons I think, and haven't leaked. I think the joints were sealed with silicone. Were about $14.00 each last year I think.