Thread: issues

Question issues

I have a hive that has alot of bees but they are all balled up and little movement, they have feed and been medicated. I had six of these types of hives earlier in the spring an only one pulled through. I sprinkled some feed over the topbars but they just seemed to shake and slowly move towards the feed. Any one have any answeres as to what might be wrong.

Default Re: issues

Any stores? Sounds like they are starving. Get a feeder over the top of the brood nest. At this point use 1:1 after they recover you can feed 2:1 so they get add to their stores. Don't count on them making it through the winter unless you can get some frames of honey on them.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by bee luscious View Post
    I have a hive that has alot of bees but they are all balled up and little movement, they have feed and been medicated. I had six of these types of hives earlier in the spring an only one pulled through. I sprinkled some feed over the topbars but they just seemed to shake and slowly move towards the feed. Any one have any answeres as to what might be wrong.
    If you've been feeding and medicating 6 such hives since the Spring and 5 of them have died, I would be wondering if the bees are either sick with some serious disease or if perhaps you have over medicated or treated them to the point of toxicity. Too much treatment? Or is there some pesticide being applied in your area that might be poisoning the bees? 'Shaking' bees as you describe might be poisoned bees.

And what do you mean by 'sprinkling some feed'? What kind of feed?

Do you have other hives as well, that are healthy?
    The little bee returns with evening's gloom,
    To join her comrades in the braided hive... -Tennyson

All of my other hives are fine, they do have three frames of honey and i just sprinkled some hfcs over the top bars. The one hive that survived this spring is booming, but this time its a different hive and I only medicated one time I know i didn't over medicate them if any thing it was under medicated. This spring i didn't even medicate, so i am assuming its poison.