It's half the size of a standard medium super, so two can fit on top of your main hive with a plywood adapter so main hive bees can build comb. Or, in theory, a super/excluder can be put above 2 mating nucs to collect 'excess' honey!
My plan is to divide it three ways, which comes out to about 3 bars per mating queen, and combining as I sell queens should be as easy as a quick spray with peppermint oil water and removing the division board.
End boards: Top is 9" across, bottom is 5.5" (15 degree slope)
Side boards: 6.5" tall, 16.25" long
I aligned the corners on the bottom edges, so the outside corner of the sides sticks out below the edge of the end boards. I then used my router to cut the bottom flush so it would sit flat on the base I made. This puts the tops of the end boards about a quarter inch above the sides, allowing room for the top bars to rest.
The top is 14" flashing. Everything except the screened area on the base is glued with Tightbond II. Hive body staples are all 1" or 1.5" as appropriate, with an electric stapler used on the roof (the compressor blows staples right thru the flashing.)
I've discovered that a little sandpaper and some stain makes everything look a LOT better!
Whole hive connected via 1" vinyl tubing to the outside. I've got an empty boardman feeder (no jar at the moment) with the entrance to the outside just in case they run out of juice inside.
Roof, with 1/2" plywood. Cutting the angle on the eves was a pain on a Ryobi table saw--flat roof for all the rest!
Hive body--all 8"x3/4" pine from Home Depot, trimmed to 6.5" to leave me with enough trim for the majority of the base. (yes, I'm the one who digs thru the entire pile for boards with no splits or large knots...)
Base--Trimmings from the main board, with window screen stapled between the bits.