Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walter Kelly

Default Re: Walter Kelly

I'm glad to see with all the years and now Walter gone, of course, that the good personable service continues. I've always had good experiences with Walter T. Kelley. Actually back in the 70's the only thing that frustrated me was I would pay by check, they would find out the shipping was less than estimated and give me a voucher which I would never have a chance to use for the few cents difference. I just couldn't figure out how to easily spend it. I'll bet I still have some somewhere...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Quote Originally Posted by Bsupplier View Post
    Stonefly,
    Thanks for the kind words. Our shipping deal is:
    Order on Nov. 22,23,24 and receive free shipping, including truck shipments out to zone 4. If you live in zone 5 and beyond you will get 10% off shipping.
    Since the cat is now out of the bag on the free shipping, I want to add my appreciation for the service and quality of Kelley's products. Here is a personal illustration of their good work: As I am planning to take advantage of the free shipping, I began to think about others who would do the same. I came to the conclusion that this might cause a problem with dozens of items being "backordered". So I went on their website and made a suggestion: allow people to place their orders in advance with the stipulation that they will be shipped during the "free" days. Like this, Kelley's will have a little advance notice about the demand, and people like me who get busy that week of Thanksgiving will have one less thing to remember.
    The impressive thing is that I got a PHONE CALL the next morning from Kelley's! Cathy said they are going to do this! Now that is great customer service, and shows how well they respond to our needs.
    I am very impressed, and look forward to doing a lot of business with Kelley's in the future.

Okay guys we have a couple of things to clarify about the free shipping offer.
    If you want to take advantage of the free shipping you will have to order on the 22, 23, or 24th of November. If we begin to take pre orders now we will have a nightmare of a time trying to keep track of orders and of making sure they are handled correctly. If past years are any indication, we are talking about a ton of orders. In the event we were to do this we would not be able to hold back product from a customer who wanted to purchase now. The only jump you may make on this sale would be if you ordered from the web on the weekend preceding the sale, as orders will not be processed until the following Monday.
    As a manufacturing company we will always have wood, wax, metal and sewing available unless key components supplied by third parties are unavailable. On the resale side, we will do everything we can to make sure we are well stocked.
    Currently there is no Cathy working here. “She was fired for giving out false information”. Just kidding, we have never had a Cathy. But if she would like to apply, we start hiring in February!

I just had my first experience with Kelley's Bees. They were fantastic. I was having problems with signing in to the web sight so sent the order by fax. They responded very quickly and and were very friendly. I am sure this is a busy day for them (free shipping) but they still managed to serve me beyond what I expected.
    Thanks!!!!

Just saved 150.00 on freight and tax on 50 hive bodies. 10.30 ea. or 515.00 for 50. Materials to build them cost more than that

I placed my order yesterday (Monday 11/22). I expected to get a busy signal. Didn't. Got right through and placed my order. How can you miss a genuine free freight deal?
    Thanks Kelley.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

I placed an online order on 11/22, and I was unaware that there was a need to enter a "promo code" when I placed the order. Actually, I don't even recall a place to enter the code, but maybe there was. My total after I checked out was different than the total billed to my credit card. I also received an order confirmation email, with no shipping charges reflected there either. After I inquired about the difference via email, I was told that I did indeed place my order during the free shipping promotion, but I didn't mention the "promo code" and that's why I was charged an additional $8.84 for shipping.

I realize the shipping charge is not a lot of money, and I really don't even have a problem with it, I was just suprised about how this transaction evolved. It is what it is, I guess?

wk does a good job with customer service. When ordering they said up front the shipping invoice would show the shipping charges; however, you would be billed for the amount less shipping. They alway seem to have time to answer any questions.Good Job and Happy Holidays.

The electronic shipping invoice I received didn't show any shipping charges, and the invoice was emailed to me after the transaction was complete. That's why it surprised me when the additional charges showed up as debited from my account. Had I not checked my account, I wouldn't have known about the charge for shipping until the order arrived, and I checked the invoice/packing slip. IMO, it could have been handled better by WK.

Very strange. I, too, ordered online on 11/22. There wasn't any place, that I recall, for a promotion code. Checkout didn't show any freight. When the box arrived I checked the packing slip....an lo and behold, there was $50 in shipping. I immediately called. The lady who answered the phone said that the packing slips were made up in the shipping department and showed the freight but the freight was removed before billing. She said mine wasn't the first call she'd gotten about it.....poor girl. I just checked my credit card charges online and she was right....they only charged me for the stuff.....no freight.
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    Very strange. I, too, ordered online on 11/22. There wasn't any place, that I recall, for a promotion code. Checkout didn't show any freight. When the box arrived I checked the packing slip....an lo and behold, there was $50 in shipping. I immediately called. The lady who answered the phone said that the packing slips were made up in the shipping department and showed the freight but the freight was removed before billing. She said mine wasn't the first call she'd gotten about it.....poor girl. I just checked my credit card charges online and she was right....they only charged me for the stuff.....no freight.
    I'm happy it worked out for you, but I can't report the same results, unfortunately. All I know is what the email from Kelley told me about not entering the promo code, and what was billed to my account, which was the total amount of the order, plus the shipping charge quoted to me in the email explaining the charge.

If Kelley was indeed honoring the free shipping for some folks, without the "promo code" being mentioned, and not others, that is not a very good way to do business. If that is indeed the case, I will choose to take my business elsewhere.
    Last edited by dragonfly; 12-04-2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Posting private email- text removed

Actually Roadstar, as I think about it, I initially started to place my order online but something in the process troubled me....and I can't recall what it was. I do recall getting as far as the 'checkout' before changing my mind. I don't remember any place to enter a promotion code....and I'm not sure what I would have entered if there were a place. "Lets talk turkey" was what the magazine ad said. Ultimately, I placed my order via phone and surely told them I was taking advantage of their free shipping.
    Anyway, sorry it didn't work out for you.

The only thing I saw on the website that made me pause for a second was the notice on the homepage stating they were having "technical difficulties with the shipping calculator". I didn't pay any attention to the shipping calculator, as I was aware of the free shipping offer, and I thought I was placing an order during the free shipping period. Like I stated before, it's not a big deal to me.......but I will spend my bee money elsewhere in the future.

Roadstar,
    Sorry about the confusion. We started advertising this promo over a month ago. It was in print advertising, Bee Journal, Bee Culture and also on the front page of our web site along with our newsletter. When people called in they were promted to mention any promo codes. I really dont know what more we could have done. On the front page of our website it asked you to enter the promo code in the comments section. Every year we seem to have a couple of people who miss the free shipping because they either arent aware of it or don't read the terms of the sale. Part of the reason we use promo codes in advertising is to track our advertising dollars. When other stores ask you to enter promo codes it's for the same reasons, if it's not mentioned they will not give you the deal. This is probably a sale that we will continue to do and I urge you all to read the terms of the sale. For those of you recieving your orders and seeing shipping charges, this is only the sales order/ packing list and not the invoice. Shipping charges will be deducted when the order is invoiced if you mentioned the code. We hope this sale was beneficial to our past customers who we truly appreciate and judging by the amount of orders from people who had never ordered from us, I hope you find the Kelley products superior and will continue to order.
    Thank You all and Happy Holidays!
    Walter T. Kelley Co.

Bsupplier,
    Got my pallet today. Everything in good shape. This was my first order but will order again in the future.
    Darrell

Made an order on the 23rd entered "Let's talk turkey", got the free shipping, no problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12