Default Looking for Beekeeper help in Ventura County, CA

We are looking for a hard working person to work in our beekeeping operation in Ventura County, CA. Basic English required, but Spanish speakers do not need to be fluent in English. Experience preferred but not necessary. We have about 700 colonies on a working avocado farm and we go to the almonds, pollinate avocados, and want to migrate our bees to make honey next year.

We need someone who can help with feeding, medicating, divides / splits, equipment assembly, finding and securing locations to spread our bees, driving, etc.

We prefer someone already in the US and somewhat local so a cross country relocation is not necessary.

Wage can be based on experience. If it works out we could provide a trailer for basic housing.

We would like to find somebody who if it works out would like to be somewhere long term.

Please PM me if interested and provide information on your location and relevant experience, how many colonies you can manage, wage requirements / expectations, etc.

David
    Green Valley Apiary
    Ventura County, CA

Default Re: Looking for Beekeeper help in Ventura County, CA

I have several years of experience in beekeeping and would accept seasonal work on an apiary in USA or Canada. Whom should I contact? How do I get this job?
    First I need a job for this, provided it is easier to get visa

I have a lot of experience and knowledge in working with bees.Successful beekeepers from their 120 hives, helping beginners in beekeeping and learn and work with bees. I'm sure it'd be excellent fare in USA or Canada. I am a physicist to teach physics at school.Beekeeping is my favorite occupation, and I'd like to be a professional I do beekeeping. This is my country very difficult.Therefore I would like to use my knowledge of bees using in USA or Canada.
    Poor knowledge of English will not affect my work. With the work I'd learned the language better.

Marin Marinic
    Sombor, Srbija, Europe

sir i had a lot of experience in beekeepin i am beekeeper all my life i can read and write english fluently. only i need visa paperwork to come to the US. i am from georgia republic.

I would like a job for several seasons, not just one. We can sign a contract and pay for the job. Offer me a job and you will not regret it.
    Regards

David,
    I sent you a private e-mail. That is the job I am looking for. Let me know what you think.
    Paul

David - I'm already a Ventura county resident, U.S. born citizen, have been keeping bees for two years, raising queens for one year, and removing swarms since 2004. My sting tolerance is up. We should talk - I could be enticed into working for a commercial operation, and seasonal work suits me. I'm well aware each beekeeper does things his own way, and that is not a problem. There's the right way, the Navy way, 10,000 wrong ways, and the way your boss wants it done. If one wants to keep a job, better get good at that last option! All I need is a good teacher. Call me at (805) 468-5457. Thank you.

Dear Sir
    My name is BENHARKAT AHMED, 28 years, professional beekeeper from Algeria.
    I have over 08 years experience in professional beekeeping
    I am experienced in all beekeeping (honey production, queen rearing, artificial swarming,
    Pollen production, royal jelly, Venom, artificial insemination, propolis)
    And titular international driving license B, Speak and Read Arabic, French and English
    I search job in beekeeping. With my experience in beekeeping
    I can work independently and without supervision, I can pay the travel ticket, work on the weekends and hours supplementary
    I know that I can be beneficial to your farm
    Please contact me if you are interested.
    EMAIL: beesafsaf@yahoo.fr
    envichlef@gmail.com
    Mobile: 00 213 664 35 54 74
    ADRESSE
    BENHARKAT AHMED
    BIR SAF SAF 02034 CHLEF ALGERIA
    Best Regards
    Last edited by Barry; 01-28-2011 at 01:29 PM.