Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dedicated thread - Pics of bee stings

I got a little cocky and figured that I could change out a syrup feeder without protection, I took a number of hits on the hand and ankle, that was the last time I figured that I was bullet proof.

Attachment 796Attachment 797Attachment 798

Last year during a removal I was stung 42 times in the inside of the arms through my suit. These pictures were an hour after. I always put Sting Ease on my bites. The next day all you could see was puncture marks. Those dang bees wouldn't stop.

Took one beneath the eye once and it turned out later it looked like I was punched in the head, whites of the eye even turned red.

Another time I was bit through my net into the bridge of the nose, boy did that hurt. Worse thing was 5 minutes later I was bit again in the same spot. Brought tears to my eyes.

Another time a few that bit me under the chin. I looked like a had a triple chin for a week.

Last one was I was hiving bees a year ago at midnight and dang if it turned out I had to go. I walked a ways away and waited as long as I could and boy they still found me!!!!

3 weeks ago I took a shot right above my right eyebrow. Yesterday, they decided to even it out by doing the left eye. No protection in either case (duh). The first I had been making preparations to move the boxes about 20" to a better more solid position. The second time I was simply observing, early evening as foragers were coming home. Minding my own beeziness for the most part.

This is the perfect home for my picture.

She stung me and I left it in, pumping venom, until I could pose for a picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

here is the last one. not too bad. it swelled pretty good. i am thinking it wasn't a bee that got me. i was out in the yard, about 30' away from the bees when i got stung. i had gotten stung about 3 wks. prior helping a buddy catch a swarm, got me 3 times in the belly. no swelling, just a little stinging/pain and a small mosquito like welt. this last sting reacted different.

100_0099.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12