Default Collins Bee Feeder...thumbs up!!

I bought five of the Collins Bee Feeders originally and then more. I felt led to give a review here.

I love them! 2 1/2 qts of feeding. I have a couple of hives that actually have 2 on them right now. The rest have just one. Easy to fill and place on the hive. No spoiling of sugar water and no robbing problems. They go right on the top of the frames inside an empty medium super. It doesn't really bother me that I have to suit up to fill them sometimes. I'll suit up for 2 1/2 qts. That's 1 1/2 less trips to the hives!

As they say in their advertisement, you will be surprised at how easy their concept is. They really have taken the bucket feeders and made them better.

I'll be ordering more for spring time!
    Last edited by theriverhawk; 09-05-2010 at 02:58 PM.

Default Re: Collins Bee Feeder...thumbs up!!

This is a great advertisement! but bucket or plastic container feeders are easy and inexpensive to make. I have used even empty coffee and Cremer cans with holes at the bottom, they work great! It is a great win-win combo; I get my coffee, the ladies get the sweets.

I use a metal gallon paint can that i get at Home Depot ($5) and put half a dozen holes near center of lid and invert over a 1 3/8 inch hole in lid. they take the syrup very well. and i have inserts to close off the holes when not feeding. the system works very well.

I use some ice cream containers that are totally plastic. Just take a puch-pin/tac and punch a few holes in the lid. Working great for me and didnt cost me anything.