Default Omaha NE beekeeping

Hey is there anyone in Omaha NE that I may meet up with that is into the hobby/business? Looking to start up some hives since my recent move and have no clue of any of the local people and business etc etc.

Let me know guys and thanks in advance!

Daniel

Phone number is 402-517-7484

Default Re: Omaha NE beekeeping

Wow, quite the change in weather from the West Indies to Nebraska!

Good luck with your bee keeping.

Pugs

Thanks Pugs!

Last winter was absolutely brutal. Nothing like the 85+ degree winters I am use to back at home.

Omaha, NE?
    hmm
    sounds vaguely familiar.

LOL.

I'll give you a call today. let you know about some of the things going on around here.

Big Bear
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

Thanks for the call big bear! You helped out a lot and I am looking forward to meeting you and all the guys in the Omaha metro area.

Thanks again!

I wondered if you were going to catch this one Big Bear! I'm glad you saw this post so I didn't have to pitch this one to ya.

I pay attention.

sometimes.

No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

This is the fellow that you want to talk to. He lives in the Greenville area I think. He is very helpful about bees. Good luck with the bees.

http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm

Greenwood, which is about 40/45 minutes west of Omaha. but yes, Mike is a handy fella to have around.

Big Bear

I am about 25 miles north of Omaha. I am not real familiar with any Beekeepers here in Omaha. I myself have had to adapt the last couple of years to beekeeping here rather than south TX where I learned. I have managed without to many "painful" lessons. I have 9 colonies. If you find an actual group here pass any info you get on to me. Would be nice to have more local guys to meet with and swap information.

Kevin 712-642-2821

IABeeMan, I mentioned to him about the Fontenelle Bee Club which just got under way this year.

you are more than welcome to come bee a part of this club if you don't mind the drive.

We currently meet at Fontenelle Forest from 1 to 3 pm on Saturdays.

Big Bear