Default How to feed in a KTBH.

Hi bee lovers. How does one go about feeding sugar water in a TBH? I see no room in the hive. Placing the sugar water outside of the hive would only cause trouble, in my opinion. Help!

Default Re: How to feed in a KTBH.

I just used my own imagination and built a enclosed feeder for my TBH! I was feeding from the inside at the beginning and moving the follower board as the bees drawn comb but if you dont get there in time they will build comb right around the inverted jar!

I feed from jars inside the hive, upturned over a couple wood pieces so that the bees can get under the jars. It's simple and effective.

Matt

I built an extra follower board with a notch cut out in the bottom so a boardman feeder could fit underneath. If there is no room for that, couldn't you just put a ziplock bag with feed in it on top of the bars? Then cut some slits in it.

The ziplock bag trick is alright but if u make to big of a slit in the bag, then your just wasting the sugar/water feed!

Smile Re: How to feed in a KTBH.

I use a small chicken feeder that I got at tractor supply. It holds a quart and I just place at the far end inside the hive. Works great.