Default I'll never use bee escape again!!! Never!!

Had about 25 lbs of honey in a shallow super Friday, all frames were at least 75% capped. I put the bee escape board under the super with triangle facing down, put the cover on and slid cover back to even block the inner cover vent. Saturday there were bees flying all around 3 hives and robbing. Thousands of dead bees around my hives. Today, Sunday I go out to take my honey and the super was filled with bees and ALL the honey was eaten, ALL OF IT!!!
    All I had to do is blow the bees out of the super with air on Friday.
    Lesson learned!! Earlier in the season I had a super almost 1/2 full, went back to add a 2nd super a week later and all the honey was gone. What is going on?
    Last edited by bees in gray; 08-22-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: make bold

Default Re: I'll never use bee escape again!!! Never!!

Another reason, at least in the South, is small hive beetles will think it is Golden Corral on Veteran's Day without any bees to protect the frames. Beetles will get in when bees cannot and destroy every frame in a day.

Welcome, Bees in Gray. Your question about your bees is better served by posting it in one of the other forums. We strive to keep this forum focused on a place for new members to introduce themselves and keep general bee discussion to a minimum.

Thanks.
    Regards, Barry

I tried posting in regular section but cant find the post link. it dont seem to be very user friendly, i'm not computer illiterate