Default Fifth Wheel RV's- Any recommendations?

I'm in the market. Trying to decide new vs used; the prices of new are down so much that it seems to make sense to go that way, vs potentially taking on someone else's problem.

There are so many brands it's kinda dizzying? Anyone have experiences to relate that can help with my decision? I'm going to an RV show at the Rose Bowl tomorrow, and I've been prowling a few lots, and of course websites... but still don't know enough to know what I don't know...

thanks in advance.

Default Re: Fifth Wheel RV's- Any recommendations?

well it depends. what size truck you have? whats your price range? I have a 09 29ft cougar by forest river and i love it. i pull it with a 1/2 ton chevy. just find one with the floor plan that you like.

There are so many different name brands it's hard to pick one. I too would find a floor plan you like. You might compare the frame work and the metal construction on the bottom. 99% of all parts come from one or two distributors so getting parts for any of them is not hard.
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek

WE have a 29 foot Ceder Creek which we bought used with a slid out that we like a lot it is a 2006. it is very well built only problems that we have had was with the legs went bad company wanted 300.00 for one leg found a heaver set for same dollar that bolted in place with the old motor for lifting and lowering of the legs. the next problem is the ac lost it's charge and a friend repaired it for us and works fine. they all are good as long as there is parts and service for them.

I've got a Ford F350 crew-cab longbed to haul the thing around, so I'm pretty well set there. I think I want to max out at 30ft or under; I looked at a Cougar (among many others) and was very impressed. There's a service center within a few miles; actually on the same lot I could buy the Cougar if that's the way I go. I'm heading out to Colton to "RV Miracle Mile" next weekend.

Just wondered if there were particular brands to AVOID, or specific features to be ABSOLUTELY SURE I get... that kind of thing.