Default corrugated SHB traps with roach gel, totally, rapidly, propolized.

What trap to use now?

Default Re: corrugated SHB traps with roach gel, totally, rapidly, propolized.

Have you tried the cd case trap? I got some from the closet, broke small holes in them and did added amdro and combat each to diferent ones. They havent propolized the entrances yet, and i actually emptied some out the other night that were slap full.....
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."

Try going to FATBEEMAN on the net or on Youtube and see how he makes his hive beetle traps. They are easy,cheap and effective. I have used them this year and hive beetles have not been a problem for me here in Georgia. I hope this helps you with your beetles. Robert
    To thine own self be true, and it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Quote Originally Posted by rgould View Post
    Try going to FATBEEMAN on the net or on Youtube and see how he makes his hive beetle traps. They are easy,cheap and effective. I have used them this year and hive beetles have not been a problem for me here in Georgia. I hope this helps you with your beetles. Robert
    Where can you fint that type of material that he uses?

He is using the material from the election signs you see on the side of the road and in peoples yards when folk run for offices. I would say you could probably get some for free or very cheap from the printing places that print the signs if they have damaged stock or misprinted signs. If all else fails...a late night run and grab could net you as many as you want off the side of the roads

get you some beatle barns from rossmans they work great with combat gel

If they are propolising them shut then just put plain pieces of corroplast in there and let the bees propolise the beetles in. Skip the about the poison.

If you want to change them out every few days just stick a long wire through them and stick them in through the front entrance. Then you can pull them out by the wire and replace them without opening the hive at all. You can put two or three on the same wire.

I've used the corrugated traps. Didn't work. The CD cases have worked well, though. I'm sure the beetle barns would work just as well.

I tried the fatman traps with crisco and boric acid, but the bees were eating the crisco like crazy, didn't seem like a good idea.
    Last edited by southeastflorida; 08-20-2010 at 08:39 AM.

southeastflorida, use boric acid not borax it may not have the same results
    To thine own self be true, and it must follow as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Sorry, meant to say boric acid, or roach powder.
    That wasn't the issue, it was the crisco, the bees were feasting on that stuff.