Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: H.Thomas Krantz Beekeeping Supply

im just glad to know there is a semi-local supplier. I will be looking into using you in the future Chris. G

Wow....... well I thought there was a semi-local supplier, but it seems as if the hobbiest is no longer welcome, too bad. Mann Lake,Brushy farms, Dadant, they all still have a homepage. Gave it a try. G

Well I definitely don't remember seeing that when I placed the order, and I can't even look at the product page now its gone. Only the attached picture to tell the story but I don't doubt the page says that now wherever it went.

All I remember seeing was the note that you were going to be closed down the first week of July to sharpen your cutters but that orders for Maxant products would be processed and forwarded to them.

Regardless of anything that was added to the webpage I would have expected any delay to be indicated on the invoice which was emailed or on my account page that I could access after registering on your website, this is typical of most mail order/web based ordering systems.

I guess at this point it is useless to state that the level of communication for back orders or whatever you want to call them isn't satisfactory compared to other vendors to warrant future orders since you won't be taking them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bk21701 View Post
    Its 4 weeks from the time of order. Its been noted on the product page on our website that these are shipped directly from Maxant and that they are running 4 to 5 weeks for about a 5 weeks. We never hid the fact that they're behind. I put it on the website in the largest font possible so that before you even purchase the extractor that you have the option to not purchase it because of the delay. Which is why we don't trap you into the order then tell you after words that its going to be a longer wait.

There is a reason that maxant is 5 weeks on extractors, its because they are by far the best extractor on the market. Every one is starting to extract and everyone who doesn't yet have an extractor is looking everywhere for one. If I had 50 on the shelf I could sell each one tomorrow. Its the nature of the beast with a seasonal operation. I'm sorry that you are upset for the delay but we don't manufacture these and I've tried to notify anyone ahead of the purchase that these are behind.

Attachment 7050

Quote Originally Posted by biggraham610 View Post
    Wow....... well I thought there was a semi-local supplier, but it seems as if the hobbiest is no longer welcome, too bad. Mann Lake,Brushy farms, Dadant, they all still have a homepage. Gave it a try. G
    In no way is our stance that the hobbiest is no longer welcome. The very last part of the announcement says that we will still be able to provide you basic beekeeping woodenware. The idea behind my restructure is that we are going to be selling through dealers. We want to see more local people across the country starting up small businesses and selling beekeeping equipment. Unfortunately you cannot go down to sears and buy all of the machines necessary to make finger jointed boxes, or frames. I have a dealer that is down the street from me that is hopefully going to take over the retail portion so the local people can still drive up and pickup equipment. My son's first birthday is tomorrow the 18th. Last week I looked at the calendar and thought to myself.. Lord, my son turns one on Thursday and from 2 weeks after he was born I haven't spent more than 4 full hours with him at one time because I'm always working. I leave in the morning before he wakes up and I get home every night well after he goes to bed. I work Monday through Sunday. If I'm lucky enough to get home before he goes to bed I can see him for an hour or two at best. And I'm here at 12:40AM wiring this post and have to be up in 4-1/2 hours to get back to work. Yes I am putting the brakes on Internet/mailorder and local sales so I can have a life, so I can actually be there for my sons first birthday party, so I can for once sleep, so I can actually take my wife out to dinner instead of eating left overs I wasn't home to eat fresh from the stove. I don't want to look back and regret everything not being there for my family. Bringing my business back down to a manageable level is best for me, most importantly my family.

In regards to the extractor page, the notice was there, and it was not added after you placed the order. I'm not happy that you have to wait for your extractor and I'm definitely not happy that you are feel we didn't provide you with proper notification. I'm not sitting here with hundreds on the shelf purposely holding them back just to make you wait. The people at Maxant feel the same way, they don't want you to wait weeks to get your product either. In the end with a small wait, you are going to be getting one of the nicest extractors on the market. I will send you a uncapping knife and capping scratcher in the mail tomorrow for your troubles.

Don't bother with the knife and scratcher, I already have them.

In no way is our stance that the hobbiest is no longer welcome. The very last part of the announcement says that we will still be able to provide you basic beekeeping woodenware. The idea behind my restructure is that we are going to be selling through dealers. We want to see more local people across the country starting up small businesses and selling beekeeping equipment. Unfortunately you cannot go down to sears and buy all of the machines necessary to make finger jointed boxes, or frames. I have a dealer that is down the street from me that is hopefully going to take over the retail portion so the local people can still drive up and pickup equipment. My son's first birthday is tomorrow the 18th. Last week I looked at the calendar and thought to myself.. Lord, my son turns one on Thursday and from 2 weeks after he was born I haven't spent more than 4 full hours with him at one time because I'm always working. I leave in the morning before he wakes up and I get home every night well after he goes to bed. I work Monday through Sunday. If I'm lucky enough to get home before he goes to bed I can see him for an hour or two at best. And I'm here at 12:40AM wiring this post and have to be up in 4-1/2 hours to get back to work. Yes I am putting the brakes on Internet/mailorder and local sales so I can have a life, so I can actually be there for my sons first birthday party, so I can for once sleep, so I can actually take my wife out to dinner instead of eating left overs I wasn't home to eat fresh from the stove. I don't want to look back and regret everything not being there for my family. Bringing my business back down to a manageable level is best for me, most importantly my family.

In regards to the extractor page, the notice was there, and it was not added after you placed the order. I'm not happy that you have to wait for your extractor and I'm definitely not happy that you are feel we didn't provide you with proper notification. I'm not sitting here with hundreds on the shelf purposely holding them back just to make you wait. The people at Maxant feel the same way, they don't want you to wait weeks to get your product either. In the end with a small wait, you are going to be getting one of the nicest extractors on the market. I will send you a uncapping knife and capping scratcher in the mail tomorrow for your troubles.

Chris, I dont blame you. Family comes first. Good Luck.

BTW, was just told my extractor is supposed to ship late next week. So that makes it 6 weeks at least before it will ship and then another week before I get it most likely.

What a waste of time, live and learn I guess.

I'm not making any statement about the quality of the item but I could have had a comparable Dadant extractor in less than half the time.

I like to support the smaller outfits when I can but this experience really leaves me reconsidering.

Its 4 weeks from the time of order. Its been noted on the product page on our website that these are shipped directly from Maxant and that they are running 4 to 5 weeks for about a 5 weeks. We never hid the fact that they're behind. I put it on the website in the largest font possible so that before you even purchase the extractor that you have the option to not purchase it because of the delay. Which is why we don't trap you into the order then tell you after words that its going to be a longer wait.

There is a reason that maxant is 5 weeks on extractors, its because they are by far the best extractor on the market. Every one is starting to extract and everyone who doesn't yet have an extractor is looking everywhere for one. If I had 50 on the shelf I could sell each one tomorrow. Its the nature of the beast with a seasonal operation. I'm sorry that you are upset for the delay but we don't manufacture these and I've tried to notify anyone ahead of the purchase that these are behind.

Attachment 7050

Chris, you're doing the right thing....you were running yourself ragged...hope you and family we'll take a vacation...thanks for the past and future business

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12