Default this site is amazing!

i dont have bees yet,,but i am seriously going to get some,the information on this site is truly amazing.i have been looking into bees for about 8 months and the more i look ,the more i get excited!!i know when i do finaly get a hive,i will ask a million questions on here,and i know you guys will have the right answers !! thank you all for that in advance.right now i am not working but when i do get a job and save some money i will start my bee hobby,and i am looking forward to that !!

Default Re: this site is amazing!

Welcome,
    I've been reading on this site 3 or 4 years, beekeeping for 2.
    The forum has taught me a ton of information.
    Dan

Welcome Mitch, From the home page you can get directions to build Hive parts that might save you some money then all you need is a swarm next spring(free Bees) search Colorado BeeKeeping you might find a local club or keeper with an extra smoker and veil pretty cheap, just be real careful of used boxes and frames unless they already have bees on them and you trust the person.Jim
    Stop and smell the flowers, 50,000 ladies can't be wrong
    Bsweetapiary@aol.com

Is it the site, or is it the people that are amazing?
    It sounds like you've got some good enthusiasm for bees like we do, I think once you get some, you'll be like a lot of people and wonder "why didn't I do this sooner?" Or perhaps you'll go the route others who become thoroughly addicted to them! Drugs? Who needs drugs, bees are more fun and for the most part still legal in lots of places.

On that note, WELCOME!

C2

The people are great. There can be disagreements, but almost always people are cival and no one would ever intentionally lead you astray.

Welcome, see if you can find a local beekeeper to shadow while you are waiting to get bees.