Hybrid View

Default Planning to Build the Warre Hive

We've looked online for the top bar hive we would prefer, and I think the Warre is the one I can handle well. My issue is all plans I've seen online are in metric... I'm having conversation issues. Anyone have plans in inches? Any suggestions for the best plans to use? Does anyone prefer a different top bar hive over this?

Also, we're thinking about adding a viewing window on the hive. Good idea? Workable?

Default Re: Planning to Build the Warre Hive

I have posted the Warre plans on my bee wiki in American measurements if you are interested.

Big Bear
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbearomaha View Post
    I have posted the Warre plans on my bee wiki in American measurements if you are interested.

Big Bear
    That would be great, do you have a link?

just sent you a pm with link

Big Bear
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

I have a book written by the creator of the warre hive (people's hive). It explains alot of the things one would want to know about beekeeping with this hive. It is a translated version (french to english). I got it from http://www.groovycart.co.uk/cart.php?c=533&p=28713.

yep, that's the same one I sent him, only with American standard translated dimensions.

Big Bear