Default Temperature to kill pests?

Does anybody know at what temperature, and for how long would I have to keep it there to kill pests and eggs? I am thinking over 165 F (74 C) for 20 minutes or more.

Default Re: Temperature to kill pests?

What kind of pest are you trying to take care of? What are you tying to kill them on?

If you are treating drawn combs they will melt at that temperature.
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

I am thinking of everything in the hive that I might use. Mostly for SHB, but I found wax moth larvae. I have already rendered all the comb. I was thinking of freezing the eggs out, but decided I might not have the temperatures to do that, especially in this hot weather.

If all you have is empty equipment, you don't have anything for the pests to live on, bees or wax or pollen, so you don't have pests anymore. Scrape the boxes out and put new combs and bees in them next spring.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Fair enough, my reasoning is, when you get rains, Mosquito eggs are sometimes left to hatch when they get soaked for a certain period X number of times.

In other words, if it rains enough to pool and allow Mosquitoes to hatch, it dries up, the eggs never get another chance. Nature on the other hand has taken this into account. Some eggs will not hatch until the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time they are given the opportunity.

Seeing SHB and other bee pests have had 300 million years to evolve (Or granted by God if you prefer) defenses to keep alive in the Sub Saharan environment, where "dearth" takes on a new meaning, in this case a dearth of bees.

I have one medium and frames I scraped good. It was in the wood shop on it's side for about 3 years. I don't think I can get all the cracks.