Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Robbing?

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  David LaFerney 
#1 ·
The video isn't so good but maybe some one can confirm. The honey super was put on wet about a week ago and now there is leg pulling and fighting. I reduced the entrance a few days ago but it seems to have begun again. This is or was a very healthy hive so they may be holding their own but when the fighting stops I will check for stores and if they are empty I will put on a few frames from another hive. I hope I don't lose another hive. I lost 3 to wax moth earlier this year after swarming. I don't have a local mentor and no local clubs. Learning as you go can be real costly. This is my second year and I have 7 hives left. Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYbi9bjvIZo

Jeff

#3 ·
I usually put mine under the carport for a while but I needed one right away and just grabbed and ran. Our hives are across the road where we grow blueberries but the bees will find the wet frames at the house and be all over them for a few days. I guess I'm going to have to set up a shed across the road for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.