Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Attn. MANN LAKE shoppers

Mann Lake is now offering free shipping to the west on almost everything they sell as long as the order is over 100.00 just bought a bunch at the Woodland CA. store and they are shipping it free to my home in OR. THEY WIN

Default Re: Attn. MANN LAKE shoppers

They are doing it in the east also

just looked at my catalog pollen patties are 49.10 for 40# box. online 40# box 69.95 about the same as before with shipping.

I was in getting ready to order enough stuff for another 15 hives. I check the prices yesterday (Friday) and looked again today and they raised some of the prices enough that I might as well buy it local from some other places around here.

I have found when I shop around that Mann Lake almost always had the lowest price on every thing I needed. Even if they are the same as other companies the free shipping is GREAT!!!

I don't have a local places to buy so paying a little bit more and not having to wonder if I have enough money to cover shipping sounds great to me.

I am close enough to pick up, and do not need shipping this is BS!!!!!!!
    Dadant is the same distance, unless they follow suit, ill be there!!!!!!

As far as I am concerned, a change at any level should benefit everyone not just the ones that need shipping.

Last month I bought 200 PF120 Frames, for 1.20 per frame, today they are 2.35 what a deal!!!! sign me up!! I don't think so....

I understand what you are saying now you live close enough that you can go and pick your stuff up and you have to pay the higher price. Have you tried to talk with Mann Lake maybe they would be willing to give you a different price if you go pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by IBRed View Post
    As far as I am concerned, a change at any level should benefit everyone not just the ones that need shipping.
    Why? Not all consumers are the same or have the same needs. Should suppliers also not discount frames as you buy more. Price discounts on frames kick in when consumers buy more than 1000 frames. This clearly benefits commercial beekeepers. Should we all expect to get the 1000+ frame price.

Mann Lake has made a business decision to try to attract those customers who need to have their items shipped. Shipping costs are variable and expensive. They are offering a level of cost certainty to their customers requiring shipping. And in some cases (such as with large, bulky items that would be very expensive to ship), they are likely also providing a less expensive product.

Part of this decision is the understanding that they might lose customers who do not require shipping, due to the necessary higher prices. It isn't reasonable to expect Mann Lake to completely absorb the costs of shipping nationwide and not raise prices. Brushy Mountain does the same thing each December - they prioritize their customers east of the Mississippi - the difference being that they do it only for a month and they absorb the cost of shipping temporarily with the hopes of making that loss up in sales volume. My understanding is that this 'promotion' is actually a potential permanent policy change for Mann Lake.

I do not live near any suppliers. I will still shop around for my equipment needs, but I like the free shipping even with the raised costs of goods. I suspect that when I do my comparisons - Mann Lake with free shipping will be competitive to the other suppliers prices + shipping.

But their strategy has worked as far as this 'customer requiring shipping' is concerned - I will definitely pay more attention to Mann Lake when it comes time to order supplies.
    Last edited by NDnewbeek; 08-08-2010 at 06:55 AM.

They may be offering free shipping but their prices went up......

PF125 frames used to be ~1.20 for 180 or more and now they are 1.60 for 210 or more.

I'll still do better personally because shipping on these items was almost as much as the product itself
    Milk Cows Not Taxpayers

Every year, for the past two years, I've bought a fifty pound bag of Bee Pro. The Bee Pro cost was $59.95 for 50# bag and shipping was $41.00, so it cost me ~$100 for my 50#'s of Bee Pro. Now the new price is $69.95, and if I also buy a $49.95 - 50# bag of Yeast (something I've also wanted to try), I can get both for a whopping total of $119.90.

However, I like the PF120 frames, I used to be sure to buy at least 180 on each order to get them at $1.20 each. Shipping for 180 frames, was $91.00, so each frame cost ~$1.70. Now the new price break is at 210 frames, with each costing $1.60. So, if I next purchase 210 frames, they will cost $336.00, but shipping is included, so my total cost per frame will be $1.60, so I actually save ~$0.10 per frame.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Hi IBRed,
    Chico is at least 60 miles farther than Woodland. For me its a 2 hour drive, a little closer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by IBRed View Post
    I am close enough to pick up, and do not need shipping this is BS!!!!!!!
    Dadant is the same distance, unless they follow suit, ill be there!!!!!!
    :
    Dan

Its all very simple, if you shop online good for you! If you shop in person, take your person somewhere else.

PF120 was 1.20: 210 would have cost 252.00 tax = 21.10 total 273.10
    now 1.60: 210 now cost 336.00 tax = 28.14 total 364.10
    difference in price 91.04 = 30gal of fuel
    I can take my person to Dadant 4 times and brake even. Shoot, I can forget a .99 cent grafting tool, go back for it, and still be ahead!!!!

Notice the tax increase, even the local government gets more out of it! Remember, if you live in state you still pay taxes!
    Last edited by IBRed; 08-08-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: missed a letter

I just bought 30 boxes for $236.00 shipped. Thats roughly $7.86 per box. Thats a steal seeng as how a single board to make one costs me $8.15 without doing any of the work in the garage in the blazing heat. It was a win for me but may not be for others!...
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."

I hate not giving my money to the local supplier, but his queen excluders are 11.95 ea. where as Mann Lake is 5$ and some change plus free shipping and just about as big a diff. on everything else, so its pretty simple economics...on some items they dont offer free ship because of dimensions such as cases of bottles but was told just by more of the smaller boxes to get the quantity needed..

I just visited Mann Lake in Hackensack, as I was in the area and needed to pick up a few things. I was expecting the pricing as is on the website, HOWEVER to my surprise, they have a special "PICKUP PRICE" for their walk-in customers, or any customers that want to pick their order up! I understand that pricing is good for all of their locations! What a deal!! Mann Lake.......you rock!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gstephan1981 View Post
    I just visited Mann Lake in Hackensack, as I was in the area and needed to pick up a few things. I was expecting the pricing as is on the website, HOWEVER to my surprise, they have a special "PICKUP PRICE" for their walk-in customers, or any customers that want to pick their order up! I understand that pricing is good for all of their locations! What a deal!! Mann Lake.......you rock!!!!
    That's great news!!! Thanks

Placed my order last Friday for 30 boxes and recieved them yesterday!!! DID NOT expext that, but either way, great job mann lake
    "You laugh at me because I am different, but I laugh at you because you are all the same."

Call about 5000 preassembled frames. $2.10 with free shipping. $1.50 if I paid shipping. Shipping quote was $1075. Might have to make a trip in the off season.

2 weeks ago I ordered some supplies from the catalog they sent me last spring. When I looked at my invoice I noticed nothing was the price that my catalog stated. Now 2 days ago they sent me a catalog with the new prices.
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

Cool Re: Attn. MANN LAKE shoppers

Here in Salt Lake 2 weeks ago I paid $ 237. for 20 boxes So Mann lakes $236 for 30 boxes sounds great to me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast