Default Decoloring Beeswax

Does anyone know what the process is to decolor th wax so that it is white??

Default Re: Decoloring Beeswax

Leave itout in the sun, it will bleach some that way naturally.

Sunlight works fairly quickly if the wax is thin. Of course it also melts it, so you need a container. If it's 1/8" thick or so it bleaches in a day or two.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Go onto the Brushy Mountain Bee Farm website and visit their video library, they have an excellent video on beeswax!

I have seen some folks beeswax candles where every candle is a bright lemony yellow and every candle perfectly identical in color. I wonder how they do that. Mine looks good, but even all new cappings wax comes out in different shades and none of them are that bright yellow.

Some beeswax is that color. The color is from pollen containing a lot of beta carotene. I suppose one could buy some beta carotene and use it to accomplish the same thing...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF