Default My experience with Anthonysbeehive.com

Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen

I am not American ,Sorry for my weak English.

I am Egyptian beekeeper and honey seller.

I made an order to an American company his name and website is www.anthonysbeehive.com .

He send me quotation of total $1785 for honey sticks filling equipments including postage to Egypt.
    I accept his offer and I sent all the money in advance to him through Western Union in tow times the first was $750 at 20/1/2010 then he inform me that my equipment is ready for shipment and he need the remaining payment. I sent to him again the remaining $1125 to his personal name Mr.Tony Schwager,1804 N1100 Road or call 762-BEEHIVE at 29/1/2010.

After I sent him all the money in advance and after I sent him many many emails until now ( more than 6 months) I did not receive the honey sticks filling equipments or any information, or any messages from him !!

Please I need your help! What is your advise to get my money back or the equipments ?

Default Re: My experience with Anthonysbeehive.com

Yasob,

Your english is fine. I see you joined Beesource in 2008 and that this is your first posting... Welcome.

Problems with Mr. Schwager have been discussed here before. I found the following:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ny%27s+Beehive

"Anthony's Beehive" has had a lot of good press, but there are a lot of unhappy customers as well from what I've read.

I emailed Mr. Schwager a link to this thread so he knows that his business practices are once again a topic on Beesource.

Good luck!
    Last edited by BeeCurious; 07-20-2010 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Added that poster join bs in 2008
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

I have gottan ripped off myself. Waste of money, time, and energy! And to be honest, the machine doesnt work. I have the machine.... paid for it... and it doesnt work.

For anyone THINKING of buying one.... DONT....! He is a scammer.

So... what to do..... we fill them by hand. 4000-5000 a week. Yes, time consuming but they come out perfect!
    Last edited by Barry; 07-20-2010 at 06:38 PM.
    Chef Isaac..Culinary Arts and Honey are a sweet mix! http://www.sweetascanbeehoneyfarm.com & http://www.adoptahive.info

Mr. BeeCurious and Mr. Chef Isaac
    Many thanks for your sharing me my problem.
    And I am still waiting any thing to happen .
    YASOB

Yasob,

I would do two things. First I would send them a certified letter demanding the return of your money or the product within 15 days. Note in the letter that if they do not comply that you will be filing a complaint with the FBI and their local police department. If within 15 days you do not receive them follow up and actually file the complaint.

Go to the US Embassy in Eygpt, there will be an FBI agent stationed there or someone in the state department can put you in contact with them. For the complaint you will need copies of your email correspondence, copies of the receipts you received when you sent the money with Western Union, and detailed information about them not sending you the product. Additionally, they may require you to fill out some paperwork and sign an affidavit. I would also contact the local police dept in Lawrence, KS. notify them of the situation and file a complaint with them regarding the fraud. Lastly, I would go to their Retail Partners list listed on Anthony's website and contact all those retail stores letting them know that you have filed a complaint with the FBI and the local police dept. regarding the fraudulent activities of Anthony.

Good luck.
    Last edited by alpha6; 07-21-2010 at 09:31 AM.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

For what it's worth he doesn't seem too concerned about his reputation so you will probably have to push him.

I've written about about the various honey stick machines I've been able to find (which isn't much) on my blog including Anthonys along with a cautionary note referring to older posts on beesource much like this one. He's contacted me twice over the past couple years concerned about what I have posted because it was 'hurting his business' and I have always offered him the chance to provide evidence to the contrary or proof that the problems he claims have been solved. So far he has never replied to me.

You can probably also complain to his states attorney general.

-Tim

You may also try his local police department. See if you can file a complaint against him with the PD. If nothing else...it starts a paper trail.

http://www.lawrencepolice.org/

This might be a place to start:
    https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/f...Complaint.aspx
    Good Luck,
    Ernie
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

Dear Sirs Madams,

Many thanks for your support

I will take the advise of Mr.Alpha6 to wait 15 days then I will go to the USA embassy in Cairo with the original documents and copies of all the messages.
    Hoping to get my money back.
    YASOB
    EGYPT

Please keep us informed on your progress.
    Regards, Barry

Interesting. If you search or Google "Anthony's beehive scam", there are quite a few links that pop up.

I am so sorry no response from Mr.Tony Schwager www.anthonysbeehive.com . till now . I send him a link of my complain her in beesource.com

But I think he do not care by his name, reputation.

It is a very bad thing that this problem repeated with any other new persons .

Thanks to the All.

Why is this person even allowed to function?

We are not talking about 50 or 100 bucks, people have paid thousands.

I run a business, and every customer gets 100% satisfaction, or money back. His behaviour is a disgrace it's a pity he's in the beekeeping industry. ( or preying on it ).

I'm not US resident either so i don't know US laws but surely there is legal recourse?