Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: price for 1 lb of honey?

I just wanted to know if the boss got a kick back. That's all. Like I said, I don't know from Office Dynamics. I'm the only one in my office. I don't have to suffer through meetings. I don't have to buy your honey so you will feel obligated to buy my Girl Scout Cookies. What's the Societal Norm?

And can you get more for your honey at the office than at the farmers mkt?
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

In my office, I'm the boss, soooo
    People at my wife's office know we have bees, and they buy honey from her, including the bosses...

But more importantly, You sell Girl Scout cookies??? Man I wish you lived closer! I buy the thin mints by the CASE!!! not by the box...and usually two cases! And it's harder each year to find a Girl Scout!

Now, back to your original point, I imagine every place of business is different, and what works at one place might not work at another.
    Regards,
    Steven
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

Yeah, and you should see me in my outfit w/ the braids, beanie, green knee socks w/ the tassle, brown shoes and everything.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

OH! OH!! I'd like an autographed 8 x 10 glossy, please!!!
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

This was my first year. I sold honey in queenlined glass jars for $5 a pound. It sold like hot cakes. Next year I'm going up to $8-10. I have no competition in this area and the locals love it!
    Here's an idea for you guys. I marketed my honey on facebook. I have almost 500 facebook friends and I continually post about my great hobby of beekeeping. I post pics of my girls, things I've learned and most importantly the honey extraction process. I have friends as far away as floridia and California, that are wanting me to ship them a plastic Teddy bear of my honey. Facebook is a great marketing tool,

"But more importantly, You sell Girl Scout cookies??? Man I wish you lived closer! I buy the thin mints by the CASE!!! not by the box...and usually two cases! And it's harder each year to find a Girl Scout!"

I had the same problem...untill i found Keebler Grasshoppers or something like that! Their the same cookie!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenG View Post
    . . . I imagine every place of business is different, and what works at one place might not work at another.
    Regards,
    Steven
    At my office we have both a designated "Charitable Food Drive Area" and a large cork board in the kitchen/lunch room that people just post stuff for sale. The number of company-wide emails was getting out of control. This system seems to strike a happy medium. You get to sell you stuff and not bother 150 people if they don't want to be. I sold $200 worth of orchard mason bees this last spring without even trying.

This is a big company with lots of rules so I have to be a little careful. Most of the honey sold so far is to folks who know I keep bees and asked for it, the rest was just by word of mouth. Almost $700 in Honey and comb sales.
    And that is at 1lb for $11 and comb $4 (bee o pack about 5oz).
    We are also getting a lot of requests through facebook and I am looking into shipping costs, USPS fixed rate priority mail looks to be the best bet.

Looks like no need for farmers markets for me this year