Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thumbs Up Re: Official Launch of Hive Tracks

I love it!! It’s the kind of program I have wanted since I started beekeeping. It is easy to use, intuitive and full of great visual aids. Bravo well done, I can’t believe you are giving it away. Would I pay for it? You Bet!
    The Busy Bee teaches two lessons: One is not to be idle and the other is not to get stung.

Default Re: Official Launch of Hive Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Tried to create a hive and the next button will not move past the first page. Using firefox on powerbook system 10.3.9. Can't upgrade to anything without getting a new computer. (like thats going to happen.) ;-]

Sorry for the trouble. I'm not sure this particular issue is due to the browser you are using. I'm looking at the logs and see no errors today... did you try this today or was it a few days ago? Lets take this maintainance issue off this thread and into support. Please send your response to support@hivetracks.com. I have a few questions so if you like send an e-mail to me with a phone number and I will call you and see if we can find the problem. If you don't want to do that (and I understand if you don't) then all I can do is plow the logs.
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Bean View Post
    I love it!! It’s the kind of program I have wanted since I started beekeeping. It is easy to use, intuitive and full of great visual aids. Bravo well done, I can’t believe you are giving it away. Would I pay for it? You Bet!

THANKS Brent!! We WILL get payed one day... our "Field of Dreams" model ("build it and they will come") will work if we can get enough folks like you to use Hive Tracks. And stay tuned, more features on the way... big ones!
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Tried to create a hive and the next button will not move past the first page. Using firefox on powerbook system 10.3.9. Can't upgrade to anything without getting a new computer. (like thats going to happen.) ;-]
    Hi Mac. I'm just guessing here but I think I see an issue with the date control. Try typing a date but you don't have to type the slash /. Make sure you have it typed correctly before continuing. Or dismiss the dialog and try selecting a date from the drop down. I have issues with the date control that I WILL address as soon as the EAS event I'm attending this week is over. I just don't have the bandwidth for coding right now but I want to get you to the point of at least creating your hives. I must adimit I have not done any testing on a Mac. I have tested with Firefox on PC not not Mac. I will do some testing this week on an IPad (my partner is bringing to the EAS event) and maybe I will gain some insight if this problem persists. Again, please respond to support@hivetracks.com
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

Mark,

First, thank you for all your work on Hive Tracks and all of the code and debugging you are doing.

I read the Hive Tracks blog of several screens a few days ago and several and made notes, but did not respond. Now I have read nine screens just to catch up.

Many of my notes now have been mentioned but I support the inclusion in the program of places to note: hive weight, pollen traps, propolis traps, bee escapes/type, and upper and/or lower entrances.

I think that your program will be much used and appreciated by the beekeeping community.

Thank You,
    Bear Creek Steve

Mark,
    The more I read the better HiveTracks gets. Thanks again to you for your devotion to the beekeeping community !!! No need to reply just keep at the keyboard !!!

All The Best,
    Tim Hayes

Just created an account and added 3 yards (no hives). While I like the ease of use I am not happy with the GPS coords using zip code.

Could you add zip + 4 and generate accurate codes. This would probably help with weather input. My furtherst yard is 12 miles away. Using zip code only for GPS really doesn't give me accurate information. For instance, the furtherest yard (12 miles away) has the same City as my yard at my house. But it actually is closer to several other towns. One of which is in a different county. The difference in rain between these 2 yards and the fauna is significant.
    De Colores,
    Ken

I would second Ken's comment. My distant yard is in a high mountain meadow with blooming clover as far as the eye can see. I do have GPS coordinates, but zip code is meaningless.

Steve

The lat/lon we provide is just a rough estimate. You can overwrite it with whatever cooredinates you like for either a yard or individual hives. The only thing to note is the text area where you enter lat/lon is a little tricky. It has an edit mask which is not the best in the world. I'm going to try and improve it over time.
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

What's new in the works?

Any plans to add 5 frame nucs to your hive builder utility?

Quote Originally Posted by jtravisbayne View Post
    Any plans to add 5 frame nucs to your hive builder utility?
    I agree that would be nice. Also, perhaps a TBH feature? I definitely think the program is great and really is a good tool for beeks.

If i have more that one size of hives in the yard some times I have Production Hives,5 frame nuc,and my Mini Nuc

I will make 3 yard entries
    Georges Yard 9 Fr Deep Production Hives
    Georges Yard 5 Fr Deep Nuc's
    Georges Yard 4 Fr T/Bar

You have replied to many questions but completely ignored any suggestions or requests for information about inclusion of alternative hive types such as tbh's.

Could you please just let us know if they will be added/supported or not in the future?

If not, I can then go about canceling my account and forgetting about this software.

If so, then I might consider sticking with it to see it develop and be of use to myself and many others who like me, primarily use top bar hives.

We simply want information.

Big Bear
    No, I am NOT a bee "Keeper". Anything I post is just my opinion. Take it easy and think for yourself.

Brushy Mountain Bee Farm is having a webinar about this tonight. Go onto their website for more details.

Does the site track cost/income? I am trying to compare cost of feed,medication, frames etc. with honey revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas Beekeeper View Post
    Does the site track cost/income? I am trying to compare cost of feed,medication, frames etc. with honey revenue.
    We don't track costs/income at this time. I would imagine our best option here would be to export data that some accounting packages could then import.
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

Very nice job. Thankyou for putting this out there. I signed up today and put in 6 yards. Finally some software I can use and understand. This will help me tremendously.

Oh yea, are you going to have an Iphone app? I would pay for it. Thanks.
    Last edited by scottsbees; 09-01-2010 at 03:23 PM.

I like the site but i too keep bees in TBH's,,,can you make adjustments to accomodate us too??/thanks

Mark,
    I am getting aggravated with my Beetight account, it switches the languages all the time so it takes me double or triple as long to put down a few inspections, is there any way to export my inspections from Beetight to Hive Tracks? Thanks.

Bee Kid

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast