Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Official Launch of Hive Tracks

Man, oh, man do I love this web application. Love it, love it, love it! I think the graphical-interface "hive builder" feature that I get a kick out of most. I like that I can actually keep track of equipment in that way.

I understand it isn't iPhone-compatible (yet); but that doesn't really bother me too much. I can take a notepad and pencil out to the apiary; I think the electronic device is better off waiting until my hands are clean, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by mhenson View Post
    Hi Mac. I'm just guessing here but I think I see an issue with the date control. Try typing a date but you don't have to type the slash /. Make sure you have it typed correctly before continuing. Or dismiss the dialog and try selecting a date from the drop down. I have issues with the date control that I WILL address as soon as the EAS event I'm attending this week is over. I just don't have the bandwidth for coding right now but I want to get you to the point of at least creating your hives. I must adimit I have not done any testing on a Mac. I have tested with Firefox on PC not not Mac. I will do some testing this week on an IPad (my partner is bringing to the EAS event) and maybe I will gain some insight if this problem persists. Again, please respond to support@hivetracks.com
    Sorry it took so long to get back to ya.Lots of other stuff to do.
    YES it was a date issue and it works fine now. Thanks for your prompt response.
    Seems like this should be useful and I will give it a shot. I see you now have a couple of adds good. Hope it pays. I don't use sbb so there is no option for solid bb, or am I missing something.As for security we all now know for sure that every web sight searched for using google has been saved @ google and can be retrieved at any time, so all personnel info may not be as secure as we like to think. I for one am sure everything on the net can be retrieved by someone somewhere because I can drive down the road and log onto someone’s network. Do no evil?? sure??s
    I’m really not that serious

Quote Originally Posted by mhenson View Post
    Hi All - My name is Mark Henson. I'm a software developer and beekeeper in the western mountains of NC. I've been working for almost 2 years on a new online application for beekeepers. Hive Tracks (www.hivetracks.com) will have its official launch and débuted at the Eastern Apicultural Society (EAS) meeting in Boone, NC on August 2, 2010. Hive Tracks is a FREE service. Its not just a website. It’s a powerful online database where each user can track their yards, hives, weather, inspections, feedings, medications and more. Please take a look at it and give me your brutal, honest opinion.
    I was looking at the site and it looks like a nice way to keep track of things.

I only played with the demo for a short period of time but is there a section that tells upcoming scheduled things to do?

I'm looking for something that I can keep info in as well as tell me if I need to check something or do something in the next couple days.

~Matt

Does anyone know if there is a way to use characters in the hive numbering? I use a system that includes the last two digits of the year the hive was started followed by a dash and then a 2-digit number. Thanks. -james

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456