Default letting a starter nuc also fnish

does anyone let there starter hive also finish their cells? last time i used a cloak board, and this is my second attempt. can i not just make a strong queenless nuc, put the graft in and let them finish the cells? why would this not work? any help would be appreciated, planning on grafting this evening, thanks.

Default Re: letting a starter nuc also fnish

Make you cell builder up 12-24 hours before you are going to graft
    YOU don't want them to start building Q-Cells on the other combs. No more than 12 Hours is best.

I like to make up my cell builder in the evening (feed)and grafting in the early morning.

if in a dearth feed 2-3 days some to stimulate them before you make them into a cell builder.

Yes it works good for 10-15 cells, more if it's really jammed packed with nurse bees and feed

also make sure you pull out the frames that have lots of eggs and hatching larva and any that require to be fed royal jelly 3 day's old and under. GIVE these to another Hive

and about 2 days then at day 7 after graft go through the cell-builder and knock off all EM queen (rouge) cells on the frames

I use a 3-deep strong hive to start and finish my grafts; works like a charm all the time for me.
    If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. - Lin Yutang

Velbert, you always have very good, succinct queen rearing advice. I love it as my bee reading time has recently given way to bee keeping time.