Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why lebron?

Default why lebron?

Why must you leave the city you have come mere point from going to the finals with or going to the finals in the past few years, and the city that worships you. The city that has a poster the zize of a building with your picture on it. Why must you take sports hope outta a city that hast seen a championship for 46 years! 46! and we are some of the most loyal

s s s s.

ps-fans are already bruning jerseys, tearing posters and getting in fights. (one guy has already been arrested in downtown clevland)
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Default Re: why lebron?

Here is the open letter from Dan Gilbert.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gi...er_100708.html
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

No worries Peep! You still have the Indians in baseball right now.....Oops. scratch that. They're 14 games out. lol.
    Chuck Norris has a grizzly bear carpet in his room. The bear isn't dead it is just afraid to move.

I thought this was beesource. I can go else where and read about that. But I would not.

Cleveland Cavaliers: "Because it was just in 2007 when that city made its first NBA Finals appearance. And as a small market team playing against another small market team (San Antonio), this was held high by commissioner David Stern as proof that all things are possible in the NBA.

"Do they still believe this to be true in Cleveland?" >
    http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...ight_shou.html

"Sports are a microcosm of society."
    Billie Jean King

"Sports is human life in microcosm."
    Howard Cosell

The rich get richer,...and the poor get poorer. [Since about 1980] Ob. Brewers [baseball] fan. Sorry,..pumpkin peep.

"I thought this was beesource. I can go else where and read about that. But I would not."
    It's Coffee Klatch; lots of different topics. Except evolution, politics, religion, global warming,..etc.

Coffee Klatch - Share and seek information on hobbies and interests other than beekeeping.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

I was watching the clevleand sports station till they went of the air last night. I saw that letter. It was not right of him to react like that but how are you supposed to after loosing that much money. Lebron picked a lot of the guys who came to the team.

I have calmed down a bit. I AM still ticked that he left but im furious with the way he did it. He got on national TV and made clevland a circus town for a week just so he could stick it to em. And hid behind the boys and girls club. He could have called the whole thing off and went quitly or even just told clevland "hey, im leaving, thank you,......". No one here in ohio truley beleived that he would go on national TV and say he leaving a city that worships him. But everyone was holding on to hope when he said he talked to his mom and family,Oh well. He had to do in the fashion he did was just insult to injury.

s

Btw- It is said that lebrons big poster on the side of the building will be replaced with a picture of josh cribs, the face of the city.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

I lived near Akron when the Indians were awful, the football team left, and the cavs were ok, but not great... tough sports town. Now I am in Saints territory... LOL the last year was great, but the previous 15 were tough. LBJames showed no class, and I'm sorry NE Ohio had to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by giant pumpkin peep View Post
    No one here in ohio truley beleived that he would go on national TV and say he leaving a city that worships him.

Hmmmmm.

Worship.

Now I see the problem....
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

Also now it said that dan golbert let lebron run the team. Bring in his people he wanted, get his cronies jobs. Its a mess. Thats ok. My new backround for my computer is his jersey burning.

did I mention that police have to gurad his big poster on the side of building?
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Quote Originally Posted by giant pumpkin peep View Post
    Also now it said that dan golbert let lebron run the team.
    That's been known for years. He picked the coach and the GM. He get's to run Miami too.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Digman View Post
    Hmmmmm.

Worship.

Now I see the problem....
    They tell me they don't worship God in the upper midwest and that a King is the closest thing to God.

Why lebron? Why not?
    Who else is there?

Is he related to Jesse James? Or vice versa?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

And hid behind the boys and girls club.

You do realize that Boys And Girls club made roughly one million dollars by having the press conference there, right?

The guy handles things in a way that gets a million dollars put into the pockets of a good cause - he should be commended for that. He didn't have to.

That nice countryboy, he couldnt just donate some of the his 10's of millions or held some benifit with a bunch of rich guys? I thinks its great but thats not a excuse for making his anoucment the way he did. oh well.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

He has caught alot of crap the last couple days about the way he did it. Which I agree it was kinda stupid. But as CB said it did bring in some good money to a good cause. I'm sure he gives plenty of his own money to charity too.

I heard today that it was the #1 rated show last night. Not just for cable but for all of TV. That's pretty big. Everyone I talked to yesterday said I am so sick of LJ and these antics. I said are you going to watch tonight? They said. Heck yeah I'm watching it. lol.

Folks forget that it is business. They seem to think it is personal. (Why they even get this attached to sports teams is beyond me.) All the fans are only concerned with their selfish desires - they could care less about Lebron James, and what he wants. They just care about themselves.

Personally, I'm glad he did leave Cleveland, just to give the whiners a dose of reality. Maybe they'll wake up and realize the world doesn't revolve around them.

Everyone I talked to yesterday said I am so sick of LJ and these antics. I said are you going to watch tonight? They said. Heck yeah I'm watching it. lol.

Muhammed Ali said 5% of people came to see him win. 95% of the people came to see him get his head knocked off, but they all bought tickets to see him.

I heard today that it was the #1 rated show last night. Not just for cable but for all of TV. That's pretty big.

Not many people command that kind of star power. Now everyone will start trying to copy him to boost tv ratings.

Next thing you know folks will be going nuts over some Tiger guy who is cheating on his really hot wife. (who probably needs a shoulder to cry on)

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy View Post
    And hid behind the boys and girls club.

You do realize that Boys And Girls club made roughly one million dollars by having the press conference there, right?

The guy handles things in a way that gets a million dollars put into the pockets of a good cause - he should be commended for that. He didn't have to.
    Not to mention Nationwide exposure. Boys and Girls Clubs couldn't afford that kind of exposure. Who could?

So, roughly one million dollars for hosting the press conference and 100 million dollars worth of advertising. I don't know the guy or follow Bball, but props to Lebron. That's what I say.

Where did he decide to go?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Countryboy View Post
    Next thing you know folks will be going nuts over some Tiger guy who is cheating on his really hot wife. (who probably needs a shoulder to cry on)
    Tiger wins next weeks British Open.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    I don't know the guy or follow Bball, but props to Lebron. That's what I say.
    You're starting to get this pop culture down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast