It's a little out there, but I'm trying to be helpful. My first year, 2008, I ran a TBH I started from a package. It grew phenomonally. I harvested honey, it still swarmed. it filled the box again, overwintered, and I harvested honey again in the spring before I put the bees in a Lang. Heresy.
Last year managing the Lang and two more started from packages I harvested no honey.
This year I'm going to make a decent crop from the Langs.
What has been working for me has been using one of the swarm control plans outlined in "Teach yourself Beekeeping".
This method relies upon separating the three parts involved in a swarm into two parts: "(1) The queen, (2) the brood and its nurse bees and (3) the flying bees.
When swarm preparations have started, leave a frame of bees on the original site with a queen cell. A few days later check that frame again and to ensure only one queen cell. A swarm doesn't leave the hive as it thinks it has already swarmed. The box that is moved won't swarm because its lost its flying bees. Move it again to lose its bees to adjacent hive to be doubly sure.
Finally my idea. The problem with my TBH was that it was so heavy I couldn't move it. Suppose a new beek built two hives and set them on a 12 or 16 foot 4x4 post which was laid flat, level, and fixed to the ground. When the first hive was full the beek (using rollers, or wheels, or another means) slid the hive along the log so it .as at least 8 feet away and then placed the empty TBH in its place with a single frame with a queen cell on it. Artificial swarm completed. The caffeine is wearing off now. Adrian.