Thread: foul brood

Default foul brood

does anyone know the shelf life of teramiacin? How maney times do i need to treat and how many days in between treatment? Thanks for the help!

Default Re: foul brood

If you have terimycin....read the label....read the expiration date. Read the withdrawal times. Read the treatment

Usually i treat 3x. Once a week...45days before any honey flow treatment should be done...

Do you have foul brood or are you just treating for the heck of it?

unfotunatly i got the terimycin in bulk from another beek. Have you had good luck stopping it? the infection seems to only be on one frame. ive only had it one other time, it killed the hive and i burned the equipment. thanks for the help

Pull that 1 frame out and burn it. Tylan will clear it up much better than terramycin. Terramycin treatment is 4 times 5 days apart for preventive treatment. Tylan is 3 times 7 days apart and it will clear it up but that hive will need to be treated forever(spring and fall every year).
    Leer Family Honey Farm-Shannon Leer

IMO, burn it, you HOPE its only in the one frame
    A government large enough to provide everything you need is strong enough to take everything you have. T. Jefferson

There is no stopping it, only masking the symptoms, it will rear it ugly head over time.

I also vote to burn all. Dig a hole, burn it, bury it.

Now with that said, do you really have AFB? Tell us the symptoms you are seeing.

Send a sample in and get a official opinion. Otherwise you may be burning a perfectly good hive... unless I got string, scale and smell, I would get an official opinion first.

http://www.bushfarms.com/beespests.htm#afb
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

i dont know if it is afb or efb. i have pin holes in a few brood cells, some fully developed white uncapped pupe, some larve that looks like snot and a pungent oder. i dont like the idea of burning bees and all but if i have to, i have to. i dont know where it come from. i have all new equipment and a hive started from a nuc.