Default Bees and cell phones 2.0

Since there are already two other Threads on beesource "discussing" cell phones and bees I thought I would start another one.

I wonder if there isn't some way to develop a program that would recognize Threads on the same topic or Thread titles that are almost the same and direct the newer of the two Threads to go to the first Thread, so we don't have Redundant Threads?

This Thread will be destroyed as soon as a Moderator finds it due to violation of a rule, I imagine. Maybe i should have just pmed Barry, but I wanted to see if I were the only person who feels as I do.

I check out Todays Posts before anything else. I have caught myself not needing to start a new Thread a cpl of times.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Default Re: Bees and cell phones 2.0

As a new Beek and new here I have gone back in the older threads just to learn what other beeks encounter and the advice posted by others. And have found that threads/subjects are often repeated, I think a setup to link threads of like subject matter would be great. Jim

First, I slap Mark on the hand for posting this in the bee forums. There!
    Second, what you're after is already set up. All it requires is YOU to make it work. Read up: http://beesource.com/forums/faq.php?...e#faq_vb3_tags
    Regards, Barry

Some clever so and so moved this Thread from it's original Forum. Very interesting, my Dear. Wanna see my bippy?
    Mark Berninghausen

On the other hand...

I was reading a thread the other day, and I started from the beginning.

Seeing a posting from "Bjorn" made me realize that I was in the "Classic's" section. The thread was started in 2005 and the second to last post was like 3 years old.

I couldn't believe that someone replied to the previous posting like it was yesterday ...or 10 minutes ago!

It was THREE YEARS AGO!!!

There are times when continuing an old discussion isn't helpful. Especially when it was a criticism of some supplier years ago.
    BeeCurious
    5 hives and 8 nucs................... Trying to think inside the box...

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    First, I slap Mark on the hand for posting this in the bee forums. There!
    Second, what you're after is already set up. All it requires is YOU to make it work. Read up: http://beesource.com/forums/faq.php?...e#faq_vb3_tags
    Sorry Mom. You know me. Always trying to be clever and not being half so.

Okay, that Tag thing is all well and good if people use it. And so is doing a Search before starting a Thread. But both require a poster to do work. And you and a cpl of the moderators are probably the only ones who would do that. So, it's not really what I suggested at all. imo.

I'm gonna have to read that Tag thingy a cpl of more times before I actually understand how to do it.
    Mark Berninghausen

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    But both require a poster to do work. And you and a cpl of the moderators are probably the only ones who would do that.
    Therein lies the problem. It would be a full time job for a programmer if we had to automate everything so members could be forum "couch potatoes."
    Regards, Barry

Awww, come on, really, Is it so terrible to know for the millionth time that cellphones and bees don't go together? Or wait, they go together just fine..
    Charla Hinkle

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Therein lies the problem. It would be a full time job for a programmer if we had to automate everything so members could be forum "couch potatoes."
    But isn't this the 21st Century? I would have thought that such a thing would be realatively easy.

Where's my flying car?

Also, sincethis is, or was, an illegal thread, I'm surprised to see that it isn't locked down or deleted.

charmd2, I just thought that it was sorta funny and a little sad that there were two or three Threads on this very topic in less than 4 days. As if no one was reading the other Threads. Which apparently they weren't or they would have known and just chimed in.

he he he he. here we go again
    Charla Hinkle