Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Hello from Oregon

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Kinvoda 
#1 ·
Not a beekeeper but very curious about the process and hobby.

Are there any beekeepers on here in my area that would be willing to let me come check out their set up and show me a bit about what it takes to keep bees?

Gary

#3 ·
I'm sure some Oregon beeks will chime in, but let me welcome you to Beesource. This is a great forum for learning more about bees and beekeeping. Be sure to check out the "How to Start Beekeeping" subforum - it contains a lot of good info covering the basics.

I also recommend contacting a local bee club - clubs are good places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beekeepers:
http://www.orsba.org/htdocs/regionalbranch.php

#6 ·
Hi, I'm in Battle Ground about 12 miles north of Portland your more than welcome to come out and see my bees. If you contact Ruhl Bee Supply in Gladstone they could get you in contact with someone closer.

There are lots of Beekeeper out your way. Let me know , good luck

#7 ·
Thank you all for the welcome. I have been reading reading reading which seems to be the recommended way to start ;). I have many hobbies and have found that is the best method to get started, read/learn first and then buy equipment and start.

I actually made my way here via homebrewing which in turn got me curious about making Mead which then led me to a possibility of beekeeping.

In my searching I had seen Ruhl and have been meaning to stop buy and check it out.

BGHoney I appreciate the offer and if we can get our schedules to mesh I would enjoy coming out to see your setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.