Thread: Texas Beekeeper

Post Texas Beekeeper

Hello from the State of Texas! I live in Benbrook - SW Fort Worth. Together, my brother and I have 27 hives and hoping to expand to 35+ by splitting next year. We have hives in Benbrook & Arlington; down south we have them in Pearland and Rosharon.

Thanks,

Jesse S

Default Re: Texas Beekeeper

Welcome from Frisco. How was your honey flow?

Welcome from Terrell, Tx.

Thanks! Honey Flow this year looks to be really good. UNFORTUNATELY, for our hives up near Fort Worth, I have not been able to harvest as I have no honey supers to replace them with. This will be remedied on Wed Night. checking the boxes, looks like i am sitting on 6 full supers. They are doing better this year than last - which all the garderners in Benbrook are happy about. In our hives down South, we have 13 boxes (probably more by now) ready to be harvested this weekend.

We are anticipating (hoping) for 1500+ lbs this year!

I did have one casualty this year. One of my strongest hives died - all of a sudden. I opened it up they were all piled up on the bottom...they didnt freeze, no apparant mites. The entire hive was dead. I found the queen about one row of bees down and right in the center. They were all still "moist". I sent the queen and a handful to Texas A&M but they never got back with me. I secured the boxes...not using them again.

Jesse