In my earlier days, I was in the position of needing extra honey to keep my regular customers happy. I paid anywhere from $60 to $90 for a five gallon bucket...it was a long time ago. I was humbled by the generosity of those larger beekeepers who helped me extend my selling season and retain my customer base.

Now I've got some local beekeepers needing honey for the same purpose. I balance my generosity at $125 to $150 for the bucket with my potential of $3 a pound retail sales. And I need to make sure I can still take care of my regular outlets. I was once in need and if I have it available, I'd like to return the favor.

I figure if I charged more, those other beekeepers would have to charge more when they bottled it and resold it to make a profit. A rising tide would float all boats. Or they could tell me, "no thanks, not at that price."

I don't have to discount my honey and sell it by the bucket to move my product. I usually just barely make it from one year to the next subsequent harvest.

All the best,

Grant
Jackson, MO