Default How quickly things come to a hault.

Took off honey 2 weeks ago. It looked like they were still puting it up. Now Darth has set in bees just laying around thinking of ways to rob the weakest hives.They stopped building comb and the queens slowed down the laying. I put out the feeders and put entrance reducers on the nucs. Next year I will react quicker I lost two nucs this week. Got to keep the nectar flow on constantly to build up the bees. Has the flow stoped for the rest of you guys here in the south.

Default Re: How quickly things come to a hault.

Yes, heat has everything slowed down.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

it's slowed here to (SC) i'm guessing due to the heat. but after a good rain, my bees go crazy. wide open, very busy. heres a vid from the other day after a good rain. cell phone vid, could be better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXD0A5MXbc

I am having a hard time telling just how much it has slowed. I know the flow has slowed down or may have stopped. How do you know for sure? They are still bringing in a bunch of pollen of several different colors but, I'm not sure how much nectar they are getting. We have got into our regular rainy season with rain every afternoon so I'm sure that is washing out some nectar. But, they were bringing in pollen yesterday right after a pretty good shower. So how do you know? My queens still seem to be laying a bunch of eggs when I checked yesterday.