Default Hive now queenright - but there is queen cells

One hive I had lost their queen about a month ago. I did not see any queen cells after week one, so I gave them a frame of fresh eggs/brood every week for a few weeks. Now got a queen and she is laying a good pattern.

However, there are some extra capped queen cells. So what happens when these new queens emerge?

Default Re: Hive now queenright - but there is queen cells

if swarm cells, thats what they'll do. if supercedure cells, the queens will sort it out. good luck,mike
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

Newbee question, how do you tell the difference between swarm cells and superceding cells?

supersedure cells are located in the upper two-thirds of the frame and swarm cells along the bottom third.

Now those are guidelines, if the bees are in emergency mode they will make a queen cell anywhere they find a viable egg. ALso not all the bees read from the same books I do.

The cell I found is at the bottom, but I can't image these guys are wanting to swarm, they have been without a queen for a while, just got a new one and this hive has tons of room (plus a honey supers on it) I think this is a left over from when they were making replacement queens, and I was giving them frams of eggs

I don't like removing queen cells, regardless. Generaly I figure the bees know what they are doing better than me, so going to let them sort this out.

possibly they didnt "lose" their queen-they already swarmed, and what you see is her replacement.
    "Wine is a constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy" Ben Franklin

here is what i did. Today I pulled that one frame that had the queen cell and another of brood and a third of stores, and put them in a Nuc box.

Lets see if they will raise a new queen in the NUC,

I can allways use another laying queen and/or working nuc