Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Baldor 18 frame radial extractor, motorized

Any pros and cons on a Baldor - 18 frame radial extractor - motorized?
    Mike , Proverbs 24:13-14 Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.

Default Re: Baldor 18 frame radial extractor, motorized

Is "Baldor" the name on the motor?

Roland

Baldor is the name of the motor, he probley looking at a saf extractor good one i have one good heavy stainless steel. does the same job as a Maxant at half the price.
    99.99% of questions can be answered by Just reading books.

How about photos to help out. Often a manufacturer has a unique stand or other segment of the machine to help ID it. Baldor is a motor manufacturer, they don't make extractors. No labels anywhere else on the machine other than motor tag?

I am pretty certain he is referring to the imported model that most bee supply companies sell. They use the Baldor motors. SAF, LEGA, and a few others.
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Im looking at this one from Blue Sky:

http://blueskybeesupply.com/18_frame...baldor__1.html
    Mike , Proverbs 24:13-14 Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.

I'd say Maxant summed it up correctly. Baldor motor on an extractor from SAF or other firm.

Thats a SAF very good extractor hundreds less then a maxant and does the same job and will also last a life time.

Quote Originally Posted by honeydreams View Post
    Thats a SAF very good extractor hundreds less then a maxant and does the same job and will also last a life time.
    Remember you are comparing a much thinner gauge SS to ours. I would be hesitant about bumping or dropping a frame in the extractor. The legs alone on our 1400 weigh more than the whole SAF extractor.
    Its hundreds less for a reason.
    www.maxantindustries.com

Yes, but dents generally wont mess it up to much plus if you on budget its not a bad idea. Maxant your products are great but out of the budget range for some people. So when someone asks about a different brand of exractor don't go trashing it just because your product it better. Ya, get what a pay for.
    Last edited by Barry; 06-18-2010 at 08:18 AM.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Well Im a welder by trade so if it damages too bad I'll just fix it. Thanks for everyones info

I shop with my wallet and I have no problems buying american but when I can save money. the compition wins every time. plus my saf will hold up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by giant pumpkin peep View Post
    Maxant your products are great but out of the budget range for some people. So when someone asks about a different brand of exractor don't go trashing it just because your product it better. Ya, get what a pay for.
    The first post of this thread asked for the pros and cons of the extractor. Everyone was weighing in on what a good extractor it was [the pros], then when someone actually weighs in on the difference [the cons], you attempt to suppress this information, by claiming he is 'trashing' the product.

Why would you make such an allegation because he was weighing in in answer to this thread? I personally purchased a Maxant extractor [from Kelley to save a few bucks] and paid the extra few hundred dollars, and I can certainly respect someone's budget because I am not a rich man either. But Maxant makes a superior product, they're American made, keeping jobs in America, so why shouldn't he point out the differences especially when it was asked for.

Consider what you just did, you jumped on a guy who manufactures a superior American product, supports this BeeSource site through his advertising, provides excellent after sales support, and anyone who has had any dealings with his product or this company does nothing but praise the service and the product. I just don't UNDERSTAND.

last comment: how's that imported Chinese honey working out for you?

Danny
    Last edited by DRUR; 06-17-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: last comment.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." Nathan Hale, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by DRUR View Post
    last comment: how's that imported Chinese honey working out for you?

Danny
    Amen

Drur? did you leave off the ST from the front of your name. Because it seams to me that you love to stir the pot. no were did any of Maxant or Pumkin say any thing that could be in least be contraversal. Maxant pointed out pros and cons. Pumkin pointed out Most people are on a budget and won't spend the money on Maxant. Free market at work. I looked at Maxant and I looked SAF want to know why I bougt a SAF over Maxant. one of my best friends has A SAF for the past 30 years still as good as new. I checked the gauge of SS on mine to maxants one gage difrents can live with that.and I paid about $450 US less. including shipping. that why. Also if the goverment got off the backs of companies here in the USA and not tax them to death then maybe Maxant would be more afordable to more people. He is Just passing along the cost of labor, Material, Taxes etc. So I don't blame him one bit for the price he charges I just won't pay it. Like I will not support the UAW. I will buy a non Union made car for less and still get a good product.

I didnt mean to get everyones panties in a bunch. My point was everytime someone asks about a extractor maxant comes along and compares it to their product, not their experience or account of the extractor in question. Does that mean i'll never have a maxant? NO
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Quote Originally Posted by giant pumpkin peep View Post
    I didnt mean to get everyones panties in a bunch.
    See what you've done Danny (DRUR)? I looked the other day and it appears as though the tailgater board was gone......doesn't leave much of anywhere to vent, does it?
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

thanks Beeman and Pumkin your coments were valid 100%.

Go Celtics!
    www.maxantindustries.com

I love this Forum to death and didnt mean to stir anyone up. I have nothing bad to say agaisnt any bee supply company, I just need an extractor. In the end its my decision on what I buy and I have to live with the decision. Lets keep the bees going and have some fun and sometimes we can enjoy some good honey too. Thanks to all for your info.......