Thread: Frame stapler

Default Frame stapler

I have been using all kinds of airgun nailers and staplers for the assembly of frames. The small wire staplers are just too light to do the job, because the wire follows the grain of the wood and sometimes goes in all different directions. When this happens the staple will exit the wood and requires repair to the frame, especially on the bottom bar.
    Recently I saw another beek assembling a few thousand frames and he was using a medium wire stapler in 7/16 crown. I was impressed with the way the frames were going together and especially the width of the staple as it entered the bottom bar. The staples was catching both sides of the wood, leaving the groove nice and clean and securing the pieces together.
    I was able to find the SENCO SKS crown stapler on EBAY at a greatly reduced price. My choice of staples was the Senco N series, in 7/16 and the length is 1 and 1/4 inches. I chose the Senco staple because it actually has more epoxy coating on each staple that is activated as the staple enters the wood, therefore it bonds almost immediately and you cannot pull the staple out of the wood.
    Yesterday I assembled a few hundred frames and the Senco medium wire stapler worked better than any stapler that I have ever used. The medium gauge staple not once followed the grain and exited the endbar. Also I adjusted the airpressure down to about 70 pounds and it not once crushed the bottom bar.
    There are many medium wire crown staplers available, but I chose the senco because of its size and staple size. The Bostitch model is 1/2 inch crown and is a bit too wide to get the grip that I found acceptable, although it does work fine on the top bar.
    With all this said, and if you are considering using a crown stapler for your frame assembly try the Senco, you will be very happy with this stapler.

Default Re: Frame stapler

You might want to check your stapler for staple depth adjustment device.
    Most good staplers have a depth adjustment near the trigger.
    BTW, is the safety in front or behind the nose of the gun?
    Ernie
    Last edited by BEES4U; 06-13-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: added a sentence
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

When new it was in the front of the nose, I seem to have lost it!!! Works better without it. Broodhead

How much does a good gun like this run?

Kingfisher

Cost for a new gun is anywhere between 350-395. I bought mine on EBAY from CPO, a dealer in Georgia. The cost of this mfg. reconditioned was 219 delivered fedX. It looks and operates like new. I did buy a box of 10k staples for about 50 bucks.