Default Blue sky 18 frame extractor

Has any one used a 18 frame extractor from blue sky. I am going to purchase a extractor and the maxant 20 frame is $500 more than the one from blue sky is it worth the extra $$.

Default Re: Blue sky 18 frame extractor

just be sure you are comparing apples to apples not apples to oranges

Check the gauge of the metal and the motor size and type.. That will tell you a lot about the equipment. Then call Jake @ Maxant for a pleasent business experience. Just received my new 1400 and its a beauty. Dually 02

The gauge on our extractor is 22, as a comparison, in the past Mann Lake's was 26 (NOTE: the HIGHER the gauge number, the THINNER the metal).

Maxant makes an excellent product. Our extractor is also of high quality and is mated to a high-grade American Baldor motor. I have used our 18-frame heavily for the last 5 years and it runs like a champ every time.

Please note, as of today, we are backordered on 18-Frame extractors for about 2 weeks. First in, first out on pre-orders. Planning on extracting in July? You might want to get one on order now.

Nonetheless, I think you'll be happy with either choice.
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy c View Post
    Has any one used a 18 frame extractor from blue sky. I am going to purchase a extractor and the maxant 20 frame is $500 more than the one from blue sky is it worth the extra $$.
    What is your favorite brand of power tools?
    “The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.”

dewalt, I do like good quality products, How come none of the bee supply stores stock maxant ?If They did one could save some feight they stock the deluxe so I asume the sell more of them.

Wink Re: Blue sky 18 frame extractor

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy c View Post
    dewalt, I do like good quality products, How come none of the bee supply stores stock maxant ?If They did one could save some feight they stock the deluxe so I asume the sell more of them.
    Um sure Walmarts sells a lot of Black & Decker also. You would have to give Maxant a call they get excellent shipping rates & costumers service is second to none also. Note my location. But Walter Kelley also stocks some Maxant items.They also in my experience get great shipping rates.
    “The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.”

i had my maxant 1400 shipped to my primary work address since commercial rates are typically cheaper then shipping to a residential address.
    Hughes Honey Apiary
    http://www.hugheshoney.com

It's a stainless can, a shaft, a couple of bearings, and a motor. It's not exactly high tech. There's not a lot other than the motor to break.

Ross; we're not gonna let you get away with using that common sense on this forum. We know ways to complicate a darn anvil!