Hi all...I've been in the Navy for most of a career now, and I am planning on starting up with the girls after I retire next year...I don't have the consistent time to mess with them, so in all fairness i'll wait...I have been interested since I was a kid though.

I am an organic gardener/farmer..(I think my squash this year puts me into the realm of farm..) and of course the bees will help pollinate my veggies...I am into sustainable agriculture, etc..etc..and will attempt a minimalist approach..probably using Kenyan TBH's and not alot of ancillary stuff..of course, I am a packrat with a gift for acquiring stuff...we'll see how that works out..

The TBH is attractive to me for it's simplicity of construction...still studying on that though...one bonus is that I have a sawmill..15" and wider boards are not a problem to get...pick your species...southern yellow pine with cedar shake tops or somesuch...

I don't hold much hope that the wife will play though..i'm sure she will be glad of the honey though...