Default Help with damage control

I have another hive getting ready to swarm. Capped cells and the queen has stopped laying. Is there any way to cut back on some of the swarms? I'm wondering if I cut out most of the queen cells and just leave a few if there will be fewer afterswarms, or should I just let them swarm? Also, there is a super of uncapped honey. Should I take it off and put it on another hive? I tried recently to do an artificial swarm, but it was so hot, I didn't look for the current queen. Just divided the hive into 3. They swarmed anyway. Now I have to deal with the three small hives. That's another question. Should I put them all back together and let the best queen win, or what? I know it's good to have healthy hives, but this swarming business is frustrating.
    "The greatest threat is our own staggering ignorance and cavalier treatment of the natural world to which we belong."

Default Re: Help with damage control

The first swarm is usually the biggest and the one that I don't like losing so I swarm for them. Yes, you need to find the queen, but take the frame that she is on and three frames of bees and capped brood and put them in a nuc. Shake a few more frames of bees in with them. The foragers will go home. This is easier than getting them out of a 30 foot tree.

Sometimes that will shock them into not swarming again, but not always. You can always combine them back later in the season if you don't want more hives.