Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Commercial

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain if you care to)

Votes: 0 0.0%

A survey of Certified Master Beekeepers

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  sqkcrk 
#1 ·
If you are a Master Beekeeper (with a certificate), what catagory would place yourself in: Hobbyist, Sideliner, or Commercial.

#5 ·
I would think that most commercial or sideliners are too busy to bother...

Some of our more respected members are Master-Beeks without the certificate. In my opinion they are certified each year when we order queens and nucs from them.

#6 ·
I wish someone would have come up w/ a better term than "Master Beekeeper". I believe that this term is not what it once was. In the past a "Master" of a trade, such as carpentry, brick masonry, blacksmithing or cooperage was someone who had been an apprentice to a master, then a journeyman of that trade and then an owner of a business or shop which carried on that trade. So, if someone has learned beekeeping by studying under someone, college or work wise, and has then built their own business, then they could, imo, be called a Masterbeekeeper. Though I imagine most wouldn't. Most beekeepers that I know are too humble to designate themselves master.

I'm sorry if I kicked over a hive by asking a simple question. People sure can be thin skinned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.